tearing on intel with xbmc frodo
Hi all,
xbmc frodo is installed on ubuntu 14.04 on an intel system (hd4000) and I have a lot of tearing (on ubuntu 13.10 was ok). I tried a lot of options:
- I installed the patched libsdl1.2debian (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1280665)
- I tried to run xbmc from gnome-shell
- the vsynch is active
but none of them works...
Someone can help me ?

ps.: I tried the xbmc gotham but it has the same problems

Thanks in advance
Only thing you need to do is use the forum search and disable backing store.

/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf
Code:
[SeatDefaults]
xserver-command=/usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp
user-session=ubuntu
allow-guest=false

If this does not solve your issue you have another one. Post a Debug Log (as the "Read Me before first post" clearly tells).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the log file missing, here it is:
http://pastebin.com/L5yG0PY8

I tried disabling backing store, but the issue remains.
You use a non support xbmc version. But good for you, the providers of this package (xbmc on debian) have an own bugtracker.
Quote:Starting XBMC from Debian (12.3 Debian package version:2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu1)

Supported packages done by us, you can easily find in our ppa. If you consider switching, also include Xorg.0.log please.

Currently I suggest ppa:team-xbmc/unstable - cause we are building 13.1b1 in there to fix our (not 100% perfect 13.0 release).

Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

When 13.1 stable is release, you can switch over to the normal ppa
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, thanks I'll try with the 13.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tearing on intel with xbmc frodo0