Series record skins
Are there any skins which have the npvr series record dialogue included other than confluence?

Is there a bit of code / file that could be added to the skin folder to generate the dialogue boxes required?
I believe if you add the RecordPrefs.xml file from the NextPVR addon into the 720p folder of the skin that you'll get the enhanced NextPVR dialog box. It'll look like Confluence instead of the skin you're using, but it will probably work.
Thanks, that did the trick. I just wanted to get CCM working which obviously uses confluence dialogs anyway.

For anyone else looking I found recordprefs.xml in
...Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\pvr.nextpvr\resources\skins\skin.confluence\720p
and copied to
...Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence.custom.mod\720p
Out of interest have you got a screenshot
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Hi All,

I currently use the cirrus extended skin. I copied the recordprefs.xml file and it works. However it only shows the text of the dialog screen, there is no confluence graphic behind it. So the text blends in with the epg. Any ideas has to how I could fix this ?

Thanks for any advice.

phil
Below is a screenshot of the dialogue in CCM.

(2014-05-18, 11:12)kitehigh Wrote: Thanks, that did the trick. I just wanted to get CCM working which obviously uses confluence dialogs anyway.

For anyone else looking I found recordprefs.xml in
...Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\pvr.nextpvr\resources\skins\skin.confluence\720p
and copied to
...Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence.custom.mod\720p

Hello,

New user to XBMC and NPVR too. I am unable to get the enhanced recording dialog to display. I was able to find the recordingprefs.xml file but the skin.confluence.custom.mod\720P directory does not exist under the user AppData. And actually the skin.confluence directory does not exist there either.

I tried loading a different skin and that did show up. When I dropped the file there, I still got the standard dialog.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
(2014-05-19, 23:56)philby85 Wrote: Hi All,

I currently use the cirrus extended skin. I copied the recordprefs.xml file and it works. However it only shows the text of the dialog screen, there is no confluence graphic behind it. So the text blends in with the epg. Any ideas has to how I could fix this ?

Thanks for any advice.

phil

I'm also having this issue but with the aeon nox 5 skin, thought I was the only one so started a new thread but then just seen this!
This explains the reason I had someone report it as a problem with Conq when it's actually an addon problem - best contact the author.
The Confluence RecordPrefs.xml references some Confluence images, so for the dialog box to work in other skins, you have to get those images and copy them into the media folder for your skin. You'll need the following images:

DialogBack.png
dialogheader.png
DialogCloseButton-focus.png
DialogCloseButton.png
button-nofocus.png
button-focus2.png

You can find all the Confluence images in the github repo for Confluence at:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...ence/media

If you're skin uses those image names, I'm not sure which one will get displayed. I'd say you for sure need DialogBack.png and maybe dialogheader.png. The other ones may not, strictly speaking, be necessary.
I thought addons where meant to supply textures if they needed them?

How did this get get released?
(2014-09-08, 08:17)Hitcher Wrote: I thought addons where meant to supply textures if they needed them?

How did this get get released?
I'm the author of the addon, but I only supply the skinning for XBMC's default skin. I'm not sure who's responsibility other skins are - I know I certainly don't have time to support all the alternative XBMC skins out there.

It sounds like other PVR plugins are having the same problem with custom dialogs.
(2014-09-08, 00:37)pkscout Wrote: The Confluence RecordPrefs.xml references some Confluence images, so for the dialog box to work in other skins, you have to get those images and copy them into the media folder for your skin. You'll need the following images:

DialogBack.png
dialogheader.png
DialogCloseButton.png
button-nofocus.png
button-focus2.png

If you're skin uses those image names, I'm not sure which one will get displayed. I'd say you for sure need DialogBack.png and maybe dialogheader.png. The other ones may not, strictly speaking, be necessary.

Thanks for helping!

Am I right in thinking they need to be put in:

User/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/media

If that's right then it hasn't worked unfortunately. There is a folder in that media folder called 'new_pvr' which has lots of images in and folders with images in, could they need to go somewhere in there?
(2014-09-08, 19:59)huzz456 Wrote: [Am I right in thinking they need to be put in:

User/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/media

If that's right then it hasn't worked unfortunately. There is a folder in that media folder called 'new_pvr' which has lots of images in and folders with images in, could they need to go somewhere in there?

It may vary from skin to skin. It probably won't hurt to try putting them in the new_pvr folder. It might be worth finding the support thread for your skin and posting there to see if they can help.
(2014-09-08, 00:37)pkscout Wrote: The Confluence RecordPrefs.xml references some Confluence images, so for the dialog box to work in other skins, you have to get those images and copy them into the media folder for your skin. You'll need the following images:

DialogBack.png
dialogheader.png
DialogCloseButton.png
button-nofocus.png
button-focus2.png

Ah it works, you're a star! I was doing it wrong, what you said exactly works , thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series record skins0