Tvheadend 3.9 uk epg issue
Im using Tvheadend 3.9.383~g1745e0c (i use openelec so dont have a newer version) and use then opentv and freesat grabbers. i have an issue in that when new entries are added each day they seem to loose the epg description and series link information. If i manually play the opentv and freesat muxes for a few seconds it fixes the issue. Anyone else experience this?
I'm not sure what's going on but I've been getting no EPG data except for the tuned mux that is currently being viewed, and then only for the now/next.
It's been this way for a couple of weeks at least,
Finally bit bullet and upgraded to latest 561 build of tvheadend with same results.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?
This is for Sky/UK region.
Try disabling one of them and see if that fixes the problem. as far as i'm aware they don't run well together and will mess up the epg data.
(Gary The Brown.)
Right, turns out this isn't a bug in tvheadend and EPG is working fine so please disregard my post.
What happened is that when upgrading from 3.9.470 the settings didn't migrate over correctly and the only way to get EPG data properly working again even though on the surface everything appeared fine was a apt-get purge tvheadend, ensure all directories removed and install fresh.
No problems at all with 3.9.561

OP, could a similar situation be happening in your case?
You really should upgrade in any case as there were a few releases that did have problems with EPG.
instead of purging tvheadend if you go into the user running it then .hts there is a folder called tvheadend, it holds all the configurations. that can be renamed or deleted to reset it back to start.
(Gary The Brown.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend 3.9 uk epg issue0