Req Music Library improvements ?
I was wondering about some of the things I feel could use some attention in Helix (and after that I guess). The music library was one of the first things that came to mind.

The video library was refactored in Dharma (IIRC ?) and doing the same for the music library fell from the planned changes at some point. It has stayed pretty much the same since (at least from a skinner's and end-user's perspective).

The music library still has a files and library mode, and it requires legacy UI, .xml's and controls which create an inconsistent experience imo.

For example there's still a settings entry in the context menu which was removed from the video counterpart in Gotham.

The search function is fundamentally different from video. A global search function, much like ronie's global search add-on, integrated in XBMC seems like the way to go to me.

Another thing I was thinking of is if it would be possible to make the video and music library overlap / share metadata? An example is how music video scrapers are lacking to me at the moment. This is not XBMC's fault I guess, but because there's a lack of good available sources. But if I have music videos in my video library, and I also have music from the same artist in my music library why not "cross reference" that and use any available data / art for the music video library too?

The above is in no way meant to be complaining, pushing or negative. Just giving some attention to the issues, wondering if we can expect to see improvements in this area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library improvements ?0