Release service.subtitles.titlovi
(2015-04-11, 21:33)svetiev Wrote: Hi everyone, I tried the plugin and it seems to work fine.

However cyrillic fonts are not displayed correctly as well as some of the special latin characters used in eastern european languages. So far nothing that I've done has made any effect or change.

If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution could you post it here please.

Thank you.

I found a temporary solution and posted it here.

Quote:Ok thanks to Amet I finally have this figured out. It's not a completely satisfying solution, but it's better than nothing.

Here is the solution step by step to make Cyrillic subtitles display correctly:

1. First create the folder in which we will place the cyrillic supporting font. Use this guide (I've tested it on windows only):

OS X

~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/Media/Fonts (If the fonts folder doesn't exist create it)

Android

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Fonts/ (If the fonts folder doesn't exist create it)

Windows

Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\media\Fonts - press Enter (If the fonts folder doesn't exist create it)

Linux

~/.kodi/Fonts (If the fonts folder doesn't exist create it)

OpenElec

/storage/.kodi/Fonts (If the fonts folder doesn't exist create it)

2. Next you need to get a font with Cyrillic support in it. I repeat not a Cyrillic font but one with cyrillic support in it (like the kind you write with in Word when you switch the language button in the windows taskbar). You can search for one online, or if on windows you can navigate to the Windows Fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts) and there I recommend taking Arial Unicode MS Regular, just copy it and paste it into Kodi's Fonts folder. It will its display filename as ARIALUNI.TTF and that's how you'll see it in Kodi's settings menu.

3. Open Kodi and go to: System > Video > Subtitles > Character Set

There choose Cyrillic Windows. While you're there go to Font to use for text subtitles and change the font to ARIALUNI.TTF using the arrows on the right.

Finally close and restart Kodi and the next time you play a movie your Cyrillic subtitles should playback correctly.

The downside is that other latin based eastern european font characters won't so you have to change back to Central European (Windows). It's a bummer but for now at least it works somehow.
Hello,

First you need to set up character set in Kodi -> Settings -> Video -> Subtitles.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Subtitles

For cyrillic you need to choose Cyrillic(Windows), i use this settings and default font is arial and every things is working well on, mac, win and linux, I haven't any problem with Serbian Cyrillic and Macedonian.

And for latin only choose Central Europe (Windows), also default font is arial, and i have no problem on mac, win and linux.

If your settings are like this everything should work without problem.

If you use automatic conversation from latin to cyrillic from plugin, plugin convert subtitle to utf8 so Kodi reads without problem.

For any other problem please send log file.
Hello,

I would like to ask if this add-on is still working OK, as I'm getting error message when downloading subtitles using titlovi.com

The specific part of the log file regarding this error message can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/bjuR2FSg

Does anyone know how to fix this issue or the add-on itself needs an update maybe ?

Thank you.
Everything should be working. I checked with same search as yours and everything was working.
I'm using it almost every day, and until now i haven't any problems with it.
I will try to fix this bug.

In meanwhile try reinstall titlovi service and try again to see what happens.

Thank you reporting this error.
Hi,
I tried reinstalling the service but no luck.
Before installing the service again, I also deleted cached files in user data (%AppData%\Roaming\TVMC\userdata\addon_data), just in case.
The error log is the same as in my previous post.

Thanks for the quick response Smile.
Any updates on this?
Hi,
I fixed the issue with the add-on.
Problem was within UAE restrictive policy where some websites are blocked.
I checked service.py file (located under C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.titlovi-master) and found that the original source url is blocked for some reason in UAE.

To resolve the issue, I changed the line inside service.py with:

url_base = "http://titlovi.com/downloads/default.ashx?type=1&mediaid=%s"

It works like a charm now BlushBlushBlush
Hi,
in past few months for some TV shows the translators put two subtitles in same zip file on titlovi.com site (example). So, when addon downloads the subtitle it shows first from zip (the first is serbian cyrilic, the second is serbian latinic) and I need second one.
Is it possible to modify the addon so after downloading zip with multiple subtitles from titlovi.com you can choose the one you want to use.
Hello,
I have Android device with version 4.0.4, that is the latest for that device. Therefore, I can install only Kodi 14.2, can't install latest 16.1. Everything working well except for the subtitles from Titlovi.com. It stuck at "Searching for subtitles" and nothing happened. I can exit from that screen and movie will continue but without subtitle. Importing subtitle from internal storage working well. I tried some other subtitle services and they working well (BsPlayer, Divxplanet...). I tried 3 different devices with Android 4.0.4 and Kodi 14.2 and on everyone it's the same, not working. On other devices with latest Android and Kodi, titlovi service working fine. I tried to reinstall multiple times but no luck. Can you advice me what to try? Thanks in advance.
Broken for anyone else in Kodi v17?
Yes. I am guessing because they updated the site
Yes, not working on Kodi 16.1 also.
Looks like they completely removed the API this plugin was using.
One of the administrators from the titlovi.com said that fixing this is not their priority. So, I doubt that will have this addon working any time soon.
RIP titlovi.com addon for Kodi Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.titlovi1