guisettings not loading?
Hi,

I'm recompiling my own version of Frodo but I'm having problems with my custom guisettings file. I have copied it to the system and userdata folders, zipped and resigned. It installs fine but a default version of guisettings is loaded. If I check in the cache folder I can copy my version and overwrite the default version in the userdata folder. Restarting XBMC the correct guisettings are loaded.

Any idea why my custom file is not being loaded?
where exactly are you placing the file?
After I decomiled the apk, I've placed it in the system and userdata folders.

When the apk is installed, XBMC is using a default guisettings file located here /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

If I go to /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/system (or userdata) and copy one of the guisettings files to the above userdata directory, my modded settings are loaded. Just wondered why it's not picking up my modded file from the start.

Hope that made sense :-)
Because userdata is not picked up from /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/userdata, as simple as that.
"userdata" is created on first run (in "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata" on Android) , and guisettings.xml is picked from there exclusively.
It's funny because I have an old build of 12.x which I copied the guisettings into the userdata and system folder prior to zipping and signing, and those setting where loaded as default when installed.

So my question now would be, how do you make changes so custom settings are loaded as default on first load?
There was a big settings revamp in v13. Now you would need to change the default values in settings.xml.
(2014-05-22, 21:10)Ned Scott Wrote: There was a big settings revamp in v13. Now you would need to change the default values in settings.xml.

OK thanks, I'll take a look!
HI just wondering if you every figured this one out
Lol, no. Bit of a mind-field if I'm honest. I've managed to edit the skin files so I kind of get my own look skin. But I still can't find anything to change to get shortcuts to show on the main menu from default.
Any updates? Did you ever manage to figure this out. Im trying to do the same i.e. integrate my skin settings from guisettings.xml into the settings.xml - anyone have any ideas?
Yes I did in the end. But I had to modify the ROM I was using. Not an easy task.
Any chance you could provide a few pointers?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
guisettings not loading?0