Newbie what to buy
Just joined forum and been messing around with xbmc on PC iPad and android tab now starting to get to grips with it I'm looking to purchase a set top box so many around and I'm good at making pricey mistakes Confused so any suggestions greatly appreciated thanks in advance
What would you use it for? What media will it play?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just purchase the things that are in xbx08's signature lol.

Seriously though, what's your budget? If you can spend a good $160-$200ish dollars, the Baytrail NUC is the most versatile option that delivers the best value IMO. It plays just about everything, except for hi10 and VC-1 I believe. If you need something beefier to play Hi10 or VC-1, get the i3 NUC. You can also use it as a regular PC, and get away with some light 3D gaming and some emulation if gaming is important to you.
If you are looking for a good entry level box, go with the Fire TV. IMO, it is the best one in the $100 group
(2014-05-22, 12:17)two515ty Wrote: Just purchase the things that are in xbx08's signature lol.

Seriously though, what's your budget? If you can spend a good $160-$200ish dollars, the Baytrail NUC is the most versatile option that delivers the best value IMO. It plays just about everything, except for hi10 and VC-1 I believe. If you need something beefier to play Hi10 or VC-1, get the i3 NUC. You can also use it as a regular PC, and get away with some light 3D gaming and some emulation if gaming is important to you.

I think bit more reading is required thanks for replies was really just looking for good hd media player to stream from to my television good picture quality and little buffer problems is this possible start there work my way to some of these suggestions cheers again
Now we know what you want, how much do you have to spend?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie what to buy0