Ember equivalent for music
Apologies for posting this here but I felt that as you guys use Ember you know exactly what I'm looking for. I've a huge 150GB collection, which is in very decent order, the tags are good and my XBMC library is looking good but some albums and artists do not get recognised. Maybe it's due to a slight mistake in the tag or other, I don't know. I also have some artists who because they make a joint album with another artist don't get identified. I'd like to be able to go over the ones and add my own art match the missing albums to the actual albums so cdart manager pulls in artwork. I've not exported my library yet so I've no nfos in music folders, I was looking to find out if there's a way I can do this in XBMC before exporting. Can I get your suggestions.
Hi, since Ember doesn't treat music at the moment I think this board here is not the best place to look for help^^ As you stated you seem to have some missing/wrong tags in some of your music files and thats the reason your files won't display on XBMC I guess. Personally I use Mp3Tag for my 30GB music collection and never had any problems with that in XBMC (no missing artists..). For covers - I have every mp3 file/flac file embedded with artwork and also put a cover.jpg in album folder (or folder of single music file) and it just displays correctly.
My tags are good, my artwork is embedded, it's just some of my music is not available on any scraper, bootlegs and collaborations not listed on musicbrainz etc. I'll like to add info and artwork for these artists and albums
I'm just getting started with building a library in XBMC (typically I've only used addons in the past, but decided to finally add my own collection). Anyways, I've yet to do my music collection, so I can't exactly comment on how well it behaves with XBMC, but as far as tagging/organizing/scraping goes, I find MusicBee to work quite well. You can use it to scrape info from Last.fm and other music sites, and it really makes the whole process fairly simple. Plus, it's a great music manager/player in it's own right. Sure puts iTunes to shame Wink Good luck!
(2014-05-25, 01:31)PogMoThoin Wrote: My tags are good, my artwork is embedded, it's just some of my music is not available on any scraper, bootlegs and collaborations not listed on musicbrainz etc. I'll like to add info and artwork for these artists and albums

I see now! Unfortuntely I dont't have any knowledge which files/ structure (is there even music.nfo support?!) is needed for your music so that XBMC can use that "external" data rather then gathered scraped data Huh
If i'm not mistaken you can create a xml import file with the same structure of the one XBMC creates when it exports your collecton as a single file with the information you want for the artist/album and even specify the folder location and name of the images. After you import that file in audio-> import music collection XBMC will add the information of that file for artists and albums (the images won't automatically show). To select the images you have to go to information panel for that artists/album (pressing i) and select get art and fanart and your images will show as remote images.
Give Mediamonkey a go, it has some nice scraper functions
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
I do not need a scraper, my music is properly tagged. It's just lots of my artists have no listings on musicbrainz or discogs, unknown Irish artists etc. There's even some friends demos. I'd like to add local info and artwork like I do with Ember.

The xml sounds good, I've been playing with tagscanner and it looks like it can do what I want. I'm going to make a decent template, remove the tags I don't use
Could it be possible that XBMC needs a better way to import music based on ID3 tags? I figured this would be a standard feature, seeing how ID3 has been the standard for many years. Myself, I'd actually prefer to build my library based entirely on ID3 tags, since a lot of my music comes from indie artists, some tracks are rare, some are mostly unknown, and even a few songs given to me exclusively from bands I've worked with (I'm a photographer). I've yet to add my music collection (just got done with the movies using Ember, about to go to TV shows), so I'm quite curious as to the best way to actually import my music without problems.
(2014-05-30, 11:54)Bloodflame Wrote: Could it be possible that XBMC needs a better way to import music based on ID3 tags?

Properly tagged music will show up just fine in XBMC. I always suggest that you populate the ALBUM ARTIST tag as well as the ARTIST tag. Also, embed cover art. If it doesn't scan in properly, there is a very high probability that its a tag issue.

Getting information and images for artists into the database is a bit more difficult. For anything that does not scrape, you can use artist nfo files (see wiki) if you have the proper folder structure. If not, you can use the workaround described by JCMatos above, creating a custom library xml import file, similar to what is described here, but adding more tags for thumbnails, bio, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember equivalent for music0