Release Sprout Pre-School Channel Addon
(2016-02-08, 22:15)twentynine30s Wrote: learningit, Tried sending you PM but I guess my account too new. Any plans to include the Live TV portion?
No, not at this time.
hi, nice addon (repped). for some reason episodes of the floogals and lazy town dont get scraped up by the getshows() function. i try typing the url manually into firefox (i.e.- http://www.sproutonline.com/watch?show=Floogals) but the url gets auto-re-routed to www.sproutonline.com/watch.

it works when you click on the floogals link from within the webpage.

strange ?
(2016-03-05, 22:35)schneidz Wrote: hi, nice addon (repped). for some reason episodes of the floogals and lazy town dont get scraped up by the getshows() function. i try typing the url manually into firefox (i.e.- http://www.sproutonline.com/watch?show=Floogals) but the url gets auto-re-routed to www.sproutonline.com/watch.

strange ?
Yeah the addon is currently only displaying 20 of the 31 shows. I see how to fix it but don't have the time right now. I'll try to get to it in the next couple of weeks.
(2016-03-06, 01:37)learningit Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 22:35)schneidz Wrote: hi, nice addon (repped). for some reason episodes of the floogals and lazy town dont get scraped up by the getshows() function. i try typing the url manually into firefox (i.e.- http://www.sproutonline.com/watch?show=Floogals) but the url gets auto-re-routed to www.sproutonline.com/watch.

strange ?
Yeah the addon is currently only displaying 20 of the 31 shows. I see how to fix it but don't have the time right now. I'll try to get to it in the next couple of weeks.
can you elaborate (when you got time) ? i am a programmer but this got me stumped.
First, THANK you so much for the Sprout add on. We absolutely love it! I am a new Kodi user with my fireTV. I wanted to know if there were any plans on adding new content? If so, is there any way that I could help and support that? We recently "cut the cord" and my toddler is obsessed with Sprout!

Again, thanks for all you do!
(2016-03-26, 14:46)Achappell627 Wrote: First, THANK you so much for the Sprout add on. We absolutely love it! I am a new Kodi user with my fireTV. I wanted to know if there were any plans on adding new content? If so, is there any way that I could help and support that? We recently "cut the cord" and my toddler is obsessed with Sprout!

Again, thanks for all you do!
The content is dynamic and changes as the content provider updates it. I'm not sure of the frequency of the updates, but it's usually at least once a month.
For additional content for your toddler, you might want to check out my PBS Kids and TVO Kids addons as well. The Popcornflix and Snagfilms add-ons have Kids and Family sections which have lots of stuff like classic cartoons and kid's shows, as well as seasonal holiday content. The Hallmark Channel add-on also occasionally has kid's content.
They are all in the kodi.org official repo which is installed in Kodi, you can find more info about them here: http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/
(2016-03-06, 04:01)schneidz Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 01:37)learningit Wrote:

strange ?
can you elaborate (when you got time) ? i am a programmer but this got me stumped.
hi, i am able to see the other shows listed. i'm curious, what was done ?
+1
So I've noodled with Kodi and have been trying to get my stable image done before I mirror things and deploy them around my house (Planning on 4 at this time).

It seems that the Raspberry Pi 3 running Xbian Kodi is not able to stream from Sprout, Syfy (and a few others) but is able to from other sources. I try the same thing on my Android mobile and it works like a champ.

The error I see in the log is something about a demuxer but not necessarily clear on how to correct. I'm still definitely a noob when it comes to Kodi and the Pi so pardon the noob-ness.
addon no longer plays videos - can list them just fine though
None of the kids addon work right now on Jarvis and rpi2 like Sprout, PBS Kids. They scrap the contents fine, but does not play any videos. Any planned updates with the fix coming out soon?
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-07-06, 04:33)gitman Wrote: addon no longer plays videos - can list them just fine though

A fix for Sprout will be out in a few days.

(2016-07-06, 04:54)ace310 Wrote: None of the kids addon work right now on Jarvis and rpi2 like Sprout, PBS Kids. They scrap the contents fine, but does not play any videos. Any planned updates with the fix coming out soon?

AFAIK PBS Kids works, I don't know if it will work outside of the US. You might want to post a debug log to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com so I can have a look.
V3.0.1 has been submitted to the kodi.org repo.
Fixes the problem reported in post #54
Should be available in a few days.
(2016-07-06, 05:38)learningit Wrote:
(2016-07-06, 04:54)ace310 Wrote: None of the kids addon work right now on Jarvis and rpi2 like Sprout, PBS Kids. They scrap the contents fine, but does not play any videos. Any planned updates with the fix coming out soon?

AFAIK PBS Kids works, I don't know if it will work outside of the US. You might want to post a debug log to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com so I can have a look.

Ohh well I will try it with VPN and see if it works else will try to get some logs if time permits. Thanks for the update on Sprout. Does sprout is also geo-locked?
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
I am also having issues with Sprout. I have audio but no video.

The issue happens with two G-boxes but my Win7 machine and AF stick have no issues. All devices running Jarvis 16.1.

I read in previous post that a fix may be available. Anyone know the fix?
Also, updated the add-on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sprout Pre-School Channel Addon0