Perfect Player - IPTV/Media player and playlist generator for XBMC (IPTV-Simple)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
nikman Offline
(2015-02-10 10:40)vel2000 Wrote:  Could help you out with German translation, if it's not too time-consuming.
Would be greate! I've sent you p.m.
find quote
polkis Offline
Hi nikman !

I tried both pc and android latest version and i want to give you some tips:

PC: I think you need to get rid of the lav filters because a lot of streams are choppy and laggy while they are smoothly reproduced on vlc. You should try ffmeg instead of lav.
FFmpeg is also used by simpletv (see http://plstonline.org/) which is ,imho, still better in terms of fluidity (but perfect player imho has a better osd)

Android: just like pc, streams sometimes freeze or lag while they are perfectly played on mxplayer (imho the best player on android system).
It's only a matter of built-in codecs: would be great if you can somehow integrate the same video and audio codecs that mxplayer uses !

I hope my advices can be useful so you can improve you project !
find quote
nikman Offline
New version for Android released PerfectPlayer-0.8.0

Added alternative media codecs library. Now users are able to select the most suitable playback method - Use native player preference in Settings.

Also, added Spanish and German localizations, other improvements and fixes.
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-22 15:49 by nikman.)
find quote
polkis Offline
(2015-02-22 15:38)nikman Wrote:  New version for Android released PerfectPlayer-0.8.0

Added alternative media codecs library. Now users are able to select the most suitable playback method - Use native player preference in Settings.

Also, added Spanish and German localizations, other improvements and fixes.

Hi !

I've just tried your last android version.

"use native player" enabled: some channels cannot still be reproduced (no problem with mxplayer)

"use native player" disabled: now every channel start playing but i experienced a lot of lags. It seems that live streamings are reproduced
with some kind of "slow-motion mode" enabled.

Overall: with native player i had a better fluidity but some channels don't load; without native player every channel start but worse fluidity.

I think you should try to add hardware decoding (just like mxplayer).
In fact in mxplayer i have lags with sw decoding, while hw is able to play every stream smoothly !
Another option would be to add the possibility to use custom codecs (like mxplayer)--->(see this:http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254)

One more thing: instead of adding the folder path of a .m3u file, i think you should let us to select the playlist we want by searching through folders as "IPTV" by Alexander Sofronov does.
find quote
nikman Offline
Can anyone help me to translate the Android app version to French and Italian?
Thanks!
find quote
nikman Offline
New version for Android released PerfectPlayer-0.8.5

Added visual Themes feature.

Also, added Partuguese and Greek localizations, other improvements and fixes.
find quote