Bring back SmallStepBack with Back Button during playback
I can't figure out why this was removed, but having SmallStepBack set with the Back button during playback was fantastic. Removing it has been such a headache.
Are you also getting the problem of the smallstepback button dropping from the video to the menu to the home screen and then back to the video.

I think that might be a bug.

What do you have XBMC installed on?
I am running OpenElec. But it only goes to the home screen with the video playing. I don't think it goes back to the video. I manually mapped a function for it, but it's a PITA
I have the same issue on RaspBMC. Do you have a Panasonic TV by any chance?
This will do it: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...s#Keymap_1
(2014-05-27, 07:36)Karnagious Wrote: I have the same issue on RaspBMC. Do you have a Panasonic TV by any chance?
Nope..its an issue with the remote button detection

(2014-05-27, 08:18)Ned Scott Wrote: This will do it: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...s#Keymap_1
I had issues, so I had to use:
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
  <keyboard>
   <key id="216">smallstepback</key>
   </keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

None of my original keyboard mappings worked. Whats the difference between Keyboard and Remote?

Anyway...original request is to put that feature back. Not sure why the SmallStepBack mapping during playback was pulled, but it was fantastic.
For keyboards the mappings for back haven't changed (this includes remotes that are seen as "keyboards" by XBMC and the OS). For remotes it was changed for consistency reasons. I personally don't feel strongly about it since I always change my mappings to make "back" on fullscreen do "stop", and then make left do "SmallStepBack" (or some extra button, if available).

I do agree that SmallStepBack is awesome and, if possible, should be part of most default maps. I'm just not sure how to best go about it. I've been thinking about doing some forum posts to get feedback in general, since there are a bunch of things I would like to propose for the defaults.
Please, by all means do so. I feel like 7 second back is a pretty vital button. As are the Big/Small jumps. I'm honestly pretty happy with all the standard mappings. The numbers being mapped to SMS variants is great too!

I have a few custom key mappings, but the Back/Smallstepback is the biggest one I had an issue with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bring back SmallStepBack with Back Button during playback0