Win subtitles
I need to grab subtitles in Russian for an upcoming family visit for many of the movies already in my library. Obviously, many, many of my movies have been released in Russia and those subtitles all exist but the problem is ... where do I get them?

NOTE: I would prefer to write a program to extract the subtitles from the appropriate place and save them in each movie folder on my pc. That is ... if XBMC has such a mechanism (or something like it). This way, the process is not reliant on some sort of moving target at the exact time we want to watch the movie. There is nothing worse than having your entire family stare at the tv for 30 minutes while I work out technical glitches with some add-on. I would prefer to do all the "wrestling" myself ahead of time if possible.
Is this even doable?
Subliminal or Periscope?
Ok, so I'm now using Gotham and I was able to muck around and get Russian subtitles. I'm sure I'll get more familiar with it as time goes by but I do have a few questions not in the Gotham FAQ.

(*) The Gotham FAQ fails to detail what all of the different subtitle services are. Which one do I use for Russian? I selected OpenSubtitles.org but that had 9 pages of things that "might" match the movie I was testing with, "Frozen (2013)". I had to scroll and scroll to get past the English section and then when I got to the Russian section, I had to use trial and error to get one that actually worked.

(*) I selected "Next to the video" for the "Subtitle storage location" but I don't see that the subtitles are stored anywhere in the "Frozen (2013) folder or it's parent folder. Is this option not working? I am fine with doing all this wrestling above before everyone sits down to watch a movie but I want it stored somewhere so I don't have to search and click and swear while everyone is in front of the tv waiting.
Am I doing this right or is there a better way? Also, where are the subtitles stored?
Anyone?
Anyone? Is no one responding because this illegal or something?
I don't know how to do it from within xbmc, but I know filebot has subtitle downloading.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-03, 18:07)jaja714 Wrote: Ok, so I'm now using Gotham and I was able to muck around and get Russian subtitles. I'm sure I'll get more familiar with it as time goes by but I do have a few questions not in the Gotham FAQ.

(*) The Gotham FAQ fails to detail what all of the different subtitle services are. Which one do I use for Russian? I selected OpenSubtitles.org but that had 9 pages of things that "might" match the movie I was testing with, "Frozen (2013)". I had to scroll and scroll to get past the English section and then when I got to the Russian section, I had to use trial and error to get one that actually worked.

(*) I selected "Next to the video" for the "Subtitle storage location" but I don't see that the subtitles are stored anywhere in the "Frozen (2013) folder or it's parent folder. Is this option not working? I am fine with doing all this wrestling above before everyone sits down to watch a movie but I want it stored somewhere so I don't have to search and click and swear while everyone is in front of the tv waiting.

What languages do you have setup to be downloaded? If you only put Russian to download, when you go to OpenSubtitles.org service you only see russian subtitles, no?
Can you explain better?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...e_services -> Step 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
subtitles0