Solved Don't switch PVR Channel when pressing up/down
I'm using the remote shown as above paired with a Flirc for ease of use between multiple devices.

I have + ch - buttons mapped to page up page down, and the up down buttons mapped to up down on the keyboard.

What I'm saying is, the keyboard keys "page up and up arrow" have the same function as each other, as do " page down and down arrow".

What myself (and what I think others on this thread) want to achieve is: have independent keys to change channel without confirming the switch ie. page up, page down (these two keys should not change their function regardless to whether the new feature is enabled or not, they should always zap without confirming). Then have the ability to activate the new feature which would then enable us to press up and down keys when in fullscreen live tv, this would bring up the infobar screen as you would see when you change channel, but the difference is you will be able to continue pressing up and down to scroll through the channels whilst you continue watching the current channel - you can then confirm the switch at any time by pressing OK when you find the channel you wish to watch.

Fullscreen live tv, pressing up or down on this screen to let you scroll through the channels, then confirm switch with OK

At this stage from what I tested yesterday, the feature works as intended for using the up and down keys to scroll through the channels whilst in fullscreen live tv, then select OK to confirm the switch, but there is no option to zap without confirming using separate buttons as I explained above, ie. page up page down. The functionality I'm explaining is pretty much how every satellite receiver that I've used works - they have independent keys for the switch (no confirm), then independent keys to scroll through the infobar osd (OK to confirm)
Understood the problem, working on an improvement. :-)
This will require code changes in Kodi, no way with customizing keymaps...
Yes, I fully understood that the first time :)

No settings or new feature is needed. Kodi already has this ability. The issue in your case is that up/down and page/up down both do the exact same thing for live TV, due to the default keymap. To change this we must add to the keymaps that Kodi loads.

Make a plain text file and name it PVR.xml

Cut and paste this into it:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <up>activatewindow(pvrosdchannels)</up>
      <down>activatewindow(pvrosdchannels)</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>

Save the file in the keymap folder in your userdata folder (wiki).

Restart Kodi if it was already open.

EDIT: changed to pvrosdchannels
(2015-08-06, 14:27)ksooo Wrote: This will require code changes in Kodi, no way with customizing keymaps...

It does require a keymap change. He's trying to do two different things with the exact same action IDs. Kodi can already do exactly what he describes his sat box as doing.
Sorry no, Kodi can't, because internally (in the code, not keymap config) up/down, channelup/channeldown, prev/next are hard coded mapped to the same channel switching code. :-)

But if you want to try out yourself, good luck.
I've already tried the keymap on the previous page and it did not work (as we expected) Wink
As I said...
(2015-08-06, 14:34)ksooo Wrote: Sorry no, Kodi can't, because internally (in the code, not keymap config) up/down, channelup/channeldown, prev/next are hard coded mapped to the same channel switching code. :-)

But if you want to try out yourself, good luck.

I did, and it works :)

However, I needed pvrosdchannels and not pvrosdguide.
(2015-08-06, 14:40)Big Aero Wrote: I've already tried the keymap on the previous page and it did not work (as we expected) Wink

Try it again. I had the wrong command. I assure you 100% that this does, in fact, work.

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <up>activatewindow(pvrosdchannels)</up>
      <down>activatewindow(pvrosdchannels)</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>
Okay Ned, if you say so, 100% and the like, maybe I misunderstood what he wants. The better, more spare time for me...
@ned Scott, I'm afraid that isn't what I'm trying to explain Sad

I will upload a short video demo to show you.
What I said...
(2015-08-06, 14:19)Big Aero Wrote: What myself (and what I think others on this thread) want to achieve is: have independent keys to change channel without confirming the switch ie. page up, page down (these two keys should not change their function regardless to whether the new feature is enabled or not, they should always zap without confirming). Then have the ability to activate the new feature which would then enable us to press up and down keys when in fullscreen live tv, this would bring up the infobar screen as you would see when you change channel, but the difference is you will be able to continue pressing up and down to scroll through the channels whilst you continue watching the current channel - you can then confirm the switch at any time by pressing OK when you find the channel you wish to watch.

That is exactly what the keymap does for you, to the letter.
The keymap you posted above brings up the osdchannels (list of channels), we are not trying to achieve that since we can already bring this menu up by pressing "c".

Please bear with me whilst I upload a video demo Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't switch PVR Channel when pressing up/down3