Library Question
I have only been using XBMC for about a month now and love it, however I have a issue and can't seem to fix it.

I have Windows 7 SP1 running XBMC 13.1RC1, I am share Movies/TV Shows from a Windows Home Server. Everything is synced with art and everything no problems there, at least not until I reboot. If I click on for example TV Shows and choose the show and episode a box pops up and says "Remove episode from library. This file is no longer available." However if I got to videos then click on files and go to the which is smb of course, then go back to TV Shows it works fine. I have tried several version of XBMC from 13.0 all the way to the Helix alphas with not fix. This happens on two different machines so I know its not the machine doing it.

I did not see a similar post anywhere so hope I did not double this question.

Any Thoughts.

Thanks for any help.
If you search smb shares in the search box, you will see a few issues very similar, but as of yet, no answers, I suppose they will need a debug log if you want help from the pros.
if you can post a debug log it might help.

What do you reboot that causes the issue? the XBMC machine or the server?
do you have static IP's on everything?
you say you share do you mean SMB shares or what kind of sharing?

usually I get that error message when the smb share I have is offline and content is no longer available.
יונתן בן-חיים
I am rebooting XBMC machine not the server. The Server and XBMC are static. SMB Share

Update: I think I solved my own problem, the sad part is that it was so easy to fix. I mapped my network drive and used that instead of using smb. So far it works perfect but will keep testing out.
Update: Well it seems like mapping my drive and setting up my library from the mapped drive instead of using SMB is working perfect. You will have clean out your library and remove any SMB link you may have. Then exit xbmc map your drive, then relaunch xbmc it will find some of your videos if it does find them all then your good, however if it does what happened to me then you have to clean out your library again and then rebuild it using your mapped drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Question0