• 7(current)
Req How to boost center channel when downmixing
totosssfr,

I can't for the life of me figure out where to find those settings.

I'm running 16.0 Beta3 on several different platforms and all could use this for certain videos.
Here's the patch for Kodi 15.2. I've ported it from the Raspberry Pi branch of OpenELEC since this seems to be the only platform where it's included by default. I'd really like to know why they don't include the patch upstream since it's really useful.

In case anyone is interested in the original, here's the link: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...orts.patch
(2015-12-03, 07:36)unmesh Wrote: totosssfr,

I'm running 16.0 Beta3 on several different platforms and all could use this for certain videos.

Settings >> expert mode
(2015-12-03, 11:32)zag Wrote:
(2015-12-03, 07:36)unmesh Wrote: totosssfr,

Settings >> expert mode

Is it included in 16.0 Beta 3 by default?
I just checked B2, and yes it is EDIT: on windows

Can't comment if it works or not until I get home.
(2015-12-03, 11:48)zag Wrote: I just checked B2, and yes it is

Can't comment if it works or not until I get home.

On which platform are you using Kodi, Raspberry by any chance? I've checked out 16.0 Beta 3 from the GIT repository and it is NOT included (the settings string is, but no code to apply it)...

If it was, there should be code after this line: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...G.cpp#L106
(2015-12-03, 11:48)zag Wrote: I just checked B2, and yes it is EDIT: on windows

Ok, that explains it. So it seems to be included in Windows and Raspberry builds. I applied the patch to Kodi 15.2 and tested it on Gentoo Linux x64, works perfectly well. I think I'll file a bug for that, it would be great if the patch would be available on all platforms since it's quite useful for 2.0/2.1 audio setups.
There may be a solution to this here at some point in the future

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=248610
I understand if this is too much to ask, but would love if someone could compile this feature into latest android(kodi/spmc)- or Windows-version of Kodi!
Hi Kodi. I am using Fire TV Stick with Kodi and the dialogue is really really quite on my 2.1 soundbar. Changing to SPMC is solving my problem because it has "boost centre channel when downmixing" but i prefer to stay with you. Can somebody help me?
Quote:Can somebody help me?

Sure, go post in the Android subforum as this one is specified for Ras Pi.
Is there any news or progress on this?

I watched "ghost in the shell" last night and it was unwatchable without using the remote to move the volume up and down during the movie.

I see ADSP is not going to make it into v17 either, would it be possible to add a solution for this release? Its really driving me crazy :*(

I've tested it on Android, LibreELEC, Windows with a soundbar, active dual speakers, Bluetooth battery speaker and all show exactly the same behavior for 5.1 movies. Background sounds are simply too high.
did you use passthrough? On PT it's the soundbar that does the downmixing and messing up volumes. On Milhouse-Builds (or anything based on newclock5 branch from popcornmix) you have a respective setting to boost the center channel on downmix - but as said, passthrough needs to be turned off to take effect
Whoop Whoop!

Think this feature request just squeezed into latest nightlies for all platforms finally Big Grin

Look for new setting "Downmix: Center Mix Level".

Can anyone confirm a test? i will test Android tomorrow.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to boost center channel when downmixing3