Mythtv recoding everything I watch? Chan #'s in EPG?
I'm a fairly new user to Mythtv, but a long time XBMC user. I have everything working, and I have what I'm sure is a very dumb couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

1. When I look into LiveTV recording, I find little snippets of everything I've been watching, even though I didn't ask to record anything. Is this normal? I understand it has to "record" what I'm watching if I choose to pause or rewind, etc but why do these recording show up in the menus? Shouldn't they just be deleted if I change the channel? And how many of them will it keep at once? It seems if it keeps every little snippet of TV that I watch the HD is going to fill up very quickly.

2. The only skin that I can see that seems to have the channel #s next to the LiveEPG is confluence. Is this in fact the case? I see a skin called MythAeon that looks much nicer, but all the files available for download are just .plg files and I have no idea how to install them. Is there a good skin anyone can recommend? I really like Aeon MQ5, and if only it had that small feature of the numbers next to channels int he LiveTV EPG it would be perfect.

3. I am also looking for a more simple explanation of Mythlink. I would like to be able to record a show, flag it for commercials, delete them, possibly also transcode, and move them to the NAS after being renamed so that XBMC can scrape them. I have seen several people doing this with symlinks, and scripts, and the tutorials I can see are a bit over my head.

All in all, I think this is SUCH a fantastic project. I've always loved XBMC, but with the addition of a good working add-on like MythTV, it's really just impressive as can be. Big thanks out to the entire support community for XBMC, MythTV, and all related projects!
Yes all LiveTV is recorded and then expired after a day or so, and recordings will take priority.

mythlink, see the mythtv wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cool. Thanks, just seemed odd. What about the channel #'s in the livetv epg? And ideas on how to make them show?
Dunno, I have very little use for live tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try going to system>live tv>general and select use backend channels numbers. It works great for me in Aeon MQ5 but in the other skins enabling this only shows the primary channel (such as 4) and not the subchannels (such as 4.1 and 4.2). But in MQ5 it will show two channel 4's. Unfortunately I find Nox much easier to use so I am stuck with channels not being numbered correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv recoding everything I watch? Chan #'s in EPG?0