• 14(current)
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
none at all; will extract a log file tonight and post....
Thanks - that would be easier than me finding a spare SD card to flash with OpenElec on one of my raspberry pis!

Quick update.

I've been working on the following items:
- Score ticker: Scrolling text at bottom of screen. Can be toggled on or off (but needs to be bound to a spare key). Seems to be working well, but needs to be a bit prettier! May make it into next release.
- Additional detail: Include ability to show name of goal scorer plus bookings (yellow and red, or just red). Should be in next release.
- Notification bugfix: fixes a Kodi issue where multiple notifications ignore the display time setting. Should be in next release.
- Fixtures and results: work in progress. Won't make next release.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Perfect!I'll be waiting for next release!
I looked at this last night and strangely, by taking the pi off wireless and plugging a cable into my network; it installed first time! weird - But it now works, just need to test it when games are being played!

thanks anyway..
Installed this on an Android x86 tablet under Kodi 14.1. Installation works, but initialization of the script fails. It keeps popping up that it's generating menu tables but they never finish. Calling the script directly generates an error. Will post debug log later.
Johnny,

Thanks - I'll need the error messages to get to the bottom of this.
Hii. I find your service very useful. can you scrapt fanarts and improve the GUI.
So It shows on : http://kodi.tv/some-new-year-community-updates-2015/
do you scrap from http://www.thesportsdb.com/ ?

can you add widgets to the kodi's main screen that will show metadata for your favorite team?
(2015-02-09, 08:50)Noam gabay Wrote: Hii. I find your service very useful. can you scrapt fanarts and improve the GUI.
So It shows on : http://kodi.tv/some-new-year-community-updates-2015/
do you scrap from http://www.thesportsdb.com/ ?
Fanarts wouldn't make sense for this service. The whole point is that it just provides notifications (e.g. when you're watching a film etc).

When you say "Improve the GUI", can you be more specific please. It's hard for me to improve it when I don't know what you don't like!

As for thesportsdb, no, I don't scrape from that site. My data currently comes from the BBC. At the moment, the data source I use is more up-to-date than thesportsdb so you'll get notifications quicker with my service (see this post in the sports metadata thread.). I'm keeping an eye on that thread and, if a better data feed becomes available, I'll certainly look at changing it.

I may look to see if there's a way to get club badges to display depending on who scores the goal but that will be a way down the line from now (however I have added it to my issue list).

Quote:can you add widgets to the kodi's main screen that will show metadata for your favorite team?
Again, it's not really what this service is for. Widgets are going to need skin specific implementations. You're better off asking this question in this thread. Have a look at ene92's later posts, he's started working on modules to integrate this into certain skins.
Yep basically what el_Paraguayo said, this add-on is for live scores really and works well.

If you want results and GUI stuff then there is another add-on in development here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216044

That doesnt stop anyone else from creating another one though, the more the better Wink
(2015-02-09, 11:56)zag Wrote: That doesnt stop anyone else from creating another one though, the more the better Wink
It's been a while since I tried some skinning but I may take some time to look at the data you've got and see if I can contribute in some way. I'd certainly like to have a favourite team widget showing fixtures, results etc...
Yeh that's kind of what I was getting at Wink that would be awesome!

Small add-ons that do specific jobs are the way to go imo.
Ha. Ok - I'll take a look.
Noticed i get a pop up at midnight. Saying there's an error. caught the error in the log

Quote:00:00:37 T:140594827601664 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: can't set attribute
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/declan/.kodi/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/default.py", line 254, in <module>
matchdict = doUpdates(matchdict)
File "/home/declan/.kodi/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/default.py", line 205, in doUpdates
matchdict[league].Update()
File "/home/declan/.kodi/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/resources/lib/footballscores.py", line 975, in Update
self.LeagueName = self.__getLeagueName(self.__leagueid)
AttributeError: can't set attribute
-->End of Python script error report<--
Thanks. Very easy to fix this one. I'll do it as soon as I get the chance although work is very busy at the moment.
Hi

This looks great and I'll try and add tomorrow but I'm a big rugby league fan. Is there any way in adding other sports from the bbc in time or can I do it myself ?

Thanks in advance

Martyn
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service3