• 16(current)
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
It looks simple, however it is always a bad policy to change settings from other addons from one addon.
It would be cool if you have some python script or a python class to perform some functions. What I need is also quite simple:

1) Given the leagueId of the league on thesportsdb return if the user is following it or not
2) Given the leagueid start following this league
3) Given the leagueid remove the league from the "following list"

No problem with the need for reboot, a simple dialogOk stating the user needs to reboot for the changes to take effect is more than perfect Smile

If you don't have time to make this I'll look into it later but I would take probably much more time than you'd since you're familiar with the codebase
Do you want a module that does the following:

isFollowing(leagueID): returns True if leagueID is in the current list of watched leagues.
addLeague(leagueID): add leagueID to list of watched leagues (return True if successful)
removeLeague(leagueID): remove leagueID to list of watched leagues (return True if successful)

That's easy enough.

Where I'm struggling is how you would call this from another addon because "RunScript" wouldn't capture any return value. Do you have any ideas?
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Probably you can define an extension point in the addon.xml to define a specific folder on your service addon (called bbclivescores or something) as a python module. Then on my side it would be simple as:

import bbclivescores
bbclivescores.Api().isFollowing(leagueId)

I didn't know the runscript function doesn't return any values
Ok. Sounds simple enough.

I'll have a go when I have a bit of free time.
I've created a branch on Github to test this: https://github.com/elParaguayo/service.b...sue_23_api

You'd need to add the relevant import in your own addon:
Code:
<import addon="service.bbclivefootballscores" version="0.3.0"/>

Then:
Code:
from footballscoresapi import LiveScoresAPI
api = LiveScoresAPI()

# Available methods
# isFollowing(leagueID) - returns True if league ID in watchlist
# addLeague(leagueID) - start following league
# removeLeague(leagueID) - stop following league
Thanks mate I'll have a go with it at night. Then I'll let you know about the success or issues. Many thanks
Sounds good. Happy to help where I can as it would be good to have these things as integrated as possible.

Would it be useful to have a method that returns all the league IDs?
FYI - anyone trying to use the service today for the Community Shield game then, unfortunately, it looks like this won't work.

This should just be an issue for this particular match (because the BBC haven't given the competition an ID) but normal league matches etc should still be ok.
I've installed this, but i can't make it work. When i install it from the zip file i get the popup saying that the BBC Football Scores add-on has been instaled and is activated, but after that i can't find it anywere, it's not in "services" or any other add-on category. Is this a known problem ?

Any help, please ? Thanks in advance.
Not a known problem, no. It should appear in "Services".

I hate to sound like IT support, but have you tried restarting Kodi? Try that and then have a look at the kodi.log file to see if there are any error messages in there.
Sure, i did all that before posting here. Yesterday i tried it again in another OS, with a fresh Kodi installation and still nothing in "Services", but i found it under "Programs", but only there. And now it is there in both computers.

I searched in "services" and the entire add-on section and it's nothing there, but it doesn't matter anymore, what's important is that i found it, and it's working now. Thanks, great job with this.
Hmm. It should be in both.

Running from programs should bring up the league table options but running as a service should give you the live scores.

Are the live scores notifications working?
That i don't know yet, still waiting for a game to try it. The next ones will be turkish league games in a couple of hours. I'll say something later.
It's working in both systems. For the turkish league i didn't get the goal notifications, i'm guessing it was because the source didn't had it either, but got the kick-off, half-time and end of the match notifications. And now in german cup i'm getting everything. I'm trying it with Futbol24 on, and it's only some seconds delayed in comparasion. That's great.

Well done, thanks.

PS. Still no sign of it in "services". Big Grin
Ok. Sounds like the BBC didn't have live score information for the Turkish league as you say. Glad to hear it seems to be working otherwise.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service3