• 25(current)
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
(2016-09-05, 00:09)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Proof of concept:

Needs a fair bit of work but it looks like it might be possible to get something decent working!

Thats amazing!! Totally cool Smile

If anyone wants to help, please sign up on www.TheSportsDB.com and start adding player photos. It only takes 30 seconds to google search a large image and crop and upload it. Maybe just concentrate on your favorite team. I've completed most of the English Premiership now, but other leagues still need work.

@el_Paraguayo Does it use the cutout or the player thumb? Or both?
It checks for cutout first and then falls back to thumb.

I need to work on how the script handles transparency because the cutouts can look a bit rough.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Well if that's cool with you then that's cool with me bud. Feel free to drop a PM if needing any testing done mate.
A selection of notifications from this afternoon's games:

Still quite a few bugs to iron out though...
Alreet bud, sorry about how late it is but no rush needed for a reply. Just wondering if there's a direct path that I could set as a custom link to access the addon settings from my home screen? Be ideal to just click a shortcut and get into it. I've had a little dabble trying to set a custom path but drawing a complete blank. It may not even be possible with service addons but figured you may know of a way. Cheers pal!
Yes. That should be fairly easy to do. I'll add to my list...

Development has just slowed down a bit as work's gone a bit crazy (3am finishes + weekends) - so I'm a little bit tired.
Actually, looking at this page, if you've got a spare key on your remote/keyboard you should just be able to map the following command:
Code:
Addon.OpenSettings(service.bbclivefootballscores)
If that doesn't work then I can create a command to call the script that will do what you want.
The notifications are looking really great. Awesome work!

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
(2016-09-20, 00:40)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Actually, looking at this page, if you've got a spare key on your remote/keyboard you should just be able to map the following command:
Code:
Addon.OpenSettings(service.bbclivefootballscores)
If that doesn't work then I can create a command to call the script that will do what you want.

Fantastic mate, instead of binding it to a key I've just set that command a custom item on a submenu for myself, working great now. Cheers!
Think the goalscorer part of the addon is having some bother, nearly every goal I noticed pop up today had the previous scorer in the corresponding game come up. Wasn't sure if you'd noticed it, but tbh it's no deal breaker with the addon, just the notification aspect of it is brill and of course your limited info wise as to what the site itself dishes out haha.
This was always my concern. Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of the data, as you say.

This is one of the reasons i didn't enable goalscorer info by default.
Could increasing the interval time to something around 90-120 seconds help with it? Gives the site time to provide the info more accurately. It could be troublesome for those who show multiple leagues having a constant stream of notifications in a quick burst but realistically, people should only really need a couple of leagues showing.
Yes - that's the way to reduce the risk of this happening (although there will always be a risk if a goal is scored seconds before the update).

I plan to add custom interval as an option in settings anyway but I've been swamped at work so I've not had time to make any progress on this. Adding the new setting is a very quick fix so I may try to do this next week if I can.
No rush mate, but aye think that'd be canny like. Long as users know that there's a potential for it to not be 100% accurate with scorers then they should understand. Maybe a pop-up when they enable the goalscorer option explaining that the add-on is bound to what the source site produces.
If anyone's feeling brave, they can test the new notifications here: https://github.com/elParaguayo/service.b.../tag/alpha

Dicko - this includes the ability to customise refresh interval.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service3