Bottom justified textbox
Hi guys, completely new to skinning so feel free to talk to me like an idiot. I'm just trying to make a new view for Bello and it's pretty much done but I'm trying to get the Plot description to stick to the bottom of the view. The view looks fine most of the time but looks a bit weird when the plot is really short and there's an awkward gap below it. There seems to be no option to have the text justified down so I tried to fake it. I took out the <posy>/<top> and replaced it with <bottom> and tried to set the height of the object to auto but it threw it off and came up with weird results.

Here's the code:

<control type="textbox">
<left>505</left>
<!-- <top>384</top> -->
<bottom>190</bottom>
<width>355</width>
<height min="0" max="194">auto</height>
<font>FontSize_20</font>
<textcolor>99white</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>77000000</shadowcolor>
<align>justify</align>
<autoscroll delay="8000" time="2000" repeat="8000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
<label fallback="195">$VAR[GlobalPlotDescription]</label>
<visible>!Container.Content(Sets)</visible>
</control>

I'm starting to think this might not be possible to do it so simply. Don't suppose it's possible to read in the number of lines in the plot description and set up some kind of if statement using the <visible> tag?

Thanks, any clues appreciated.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8007
Thanks but I saw that already, that's how I knew I was going to have to find a different way of doing it and was looking for suggestions.

Out of curiosity why has this been moved to the Bello forum? I happened to mention that I'm making it for the Bello skin but the question isn't specific to itat all and could be applied to any skin?

Thanks.
There is no other way way, believe me I've tried. Wink
Ahh, thanks. So I guess the only way of getting it working would be to actually submit the code. I think I'll live with the awkward gap for now. Thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bottom justified textbox0