Push videos from one XBMC to another
Hello folks,
I have looked around and have found kinda similar answers but nothing that rung a bell with me. First I should say I am using Gotham RC1 currently. Ok, So here is the deal, Sometimes I find my self watching a video on my PC (Running win 7) through XBMC, In some cases from a site that I am logged onto. I would like to be able to push this content to the XBMC system connected to my tv. Kinda like what you can do through Airplay or chromecast. However, Being a windows 7 pc I don't have either. Am I missing something, Is this possible? Is this possible from XBMC to XBMC?

I.E. Can I push content from a addon that is loaded on xbmc on my pc to my xbmc Tv that I don't wish to go through logging in or anything?

Thanks much.
It seems to depend on the add-on, but it seems possible using UPnP (wiki) and "play using".
I thought that. However, I only get a Play with... as option, and I don't even get that with non-local media. And my Play with doesn't list any of my xbmc instances.
you will need to turn on upnp in the xbmc settings, and give each instance a recognizable name.
I had done that. Probably my router messing up something, Its not the first time I have had Upnp issues as result of my router. Now that I know it supposed to be there I will figure it out. Thanks.
Can you "play using" from a Gotham instance to a frodo instance?

I don't seem able to do so, yet it sees everything else in my network, including all upnp players, dlna players (TVs etc) but refuses to see any other xbmc instances Sad

All xbmc instances are frodo, except of course my testing machine that I am using the "play using" feature from.

Can you only "play using" from Gotham to Gotham at the moment and does each instance of xbmc have to have a direct link to each file? Eg. Can I download a YouTube video locally to my Gotham build, open it, select play using and send it via wifi to another instance or must the other instance have a direct link/connection to the files you are trying to share?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Push videos from one XBMC to another0