• 5(current)
Release Best of NHK
Released a fix for NHK Newsroom section.

Enjoy!
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Misty did you find 1080p stream anywhere on the web? I cant find it. I am searching everywhere. I dont get it. They have nhk world hd for 5 years already! And they have plans to introduce 4k and 8k broad cast soon but they dont have 1080p stream?!
It would be great if 1080p were available, but I have not found any 1080p streams.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
I founded this stream. https://aqstream.com/news/nhkw/NHK-World-(Japan) But it is "only" 720p!
misty, check this channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG29zNT...NJCVcyLsaQ

complete programs just few minutes after broadcast. more than the VOD.
(few of the YT links in the addon refer to empty lists) this channel can correct them.
asik1, great find. I have neglected the youtube section of the add-on, so will clean it up and add the channel you found.

Thanks!
Sorry, I've just installed KODI and I'm a newbie.

How can I install this ADDON to watch Japanese channels ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
(2016-12-03, 20:37)wwatanabe Wrote: Sorry, I've just installed KODI and I'm a newbie.

How can I install this ADDON to watch Japanese channels ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Welcome, this addon is just for NHK world english. go to msg #1 to find info.
New update released to fix NHK live streams.

Enjoy!
Misty, can you check why this program is not in the VOD list?
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/century_film/
**there are also empty folders in the youtube shows section, I don't know if it's just on my end or else also.

Thank you
(2017-01-01, 15:27)asik1 Wrote: Misty, can you check why this program is not in the VOD list?
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/century_film/
**there are also empty folders in the youtube shows section, I don't know if it's just on my end or else also.

Thank you

The add-on does a json query of NHK World web site to get the current VODs. For whatever reason, that video in not in their json VOD listing, so the add-on can not get the video link.

I checked again the youtube listings and only found J-Innovators playlist was removed or deleted by the playlist owner or youtube, all other folders were showing video links. I now added a search for "NHK BS", which is raw NHK Japanese video (Japanese language / no subtitles). In order to see titles correctly (instead of square boxes) please be sure to change the Kodi font to "Arial based".

Please navigate to: SYSTEM > Settings > Appearance > Skin > Fonts, change font to Arial Based (NHK BS will display titles in Japanese)

It is too bad JAPANmania youtube channel has stopped uploading videos. That channel had really current videos. Since NHK just changed their live video feed links (which I had to fix in the add-on) maybe JAPANmania does not have a working live stream anymore.

Enjoy!
I don't know if it's related but now Youtube shows 1,2,3,4 do list some clips. They were always empty folder here.
Misty, why a m3u8 vod stream play only at 360 on my pc VLC but on android it playes at 720?
from time to time I want to record a program.
can you PM me?
thank you.
PM was sent, hope it helps.
Misty, do you know why VLC224 on 7 do not play the live link any more? I think for about 2 weeks.
Thank you.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1