Solved how do I Disable 3D?
I am using XBMC 13.0 Gotham on Mint 17 and ubuntu 14.04 and both have same problem, what ever video I input, it always tells me it is 3D and asks what mode to use. Same with live TV. Actual 3D SBS-video it detects as OU...

There should be an option to disable it for good, or is there some workaround? Huh
now that's really strange. Can you provide a Debug Log? For the meantime you can disable the "ask" dialog in video playback settings.
That worked! Also, here you go. I hope this is the correct one.

http://pastebin.com/bzGKm1QJ
could you please check the video settings of the "test video.avi"? (open the OSD video settings while playing the file). Somewhere near the bottom there should be a setting where you can override/manually set the stereoscopic mode of a video. Is this setting by occasion set to anything else then "auto"? If so, try setting it to auto and apply the settings for all videos, then turn the "ask" dialog on again and see if the issue is gone.
It was set to over/under, I set it to auto and no nagging anymore even with the other setting as "ask me". I am not using this to watch 3D videos (not enough power) so this is good enough for me.
note that you don't necessarily need a fast machine to watch stuff in 3D - at least not for anything HalfSBS/TAB which is most common AFAIK. But glad it's solved now and it was not really a bug in XBMC but a wrong setting.
I need a faster machine to watch 1080p movies, now setup is for 720p and they work fine. I have Sony Blu-Ray player for 3D use, it plays almost all codecs (mkv, avi, etc) without need for transcoding.

Actually I just installed ubuntu 14.04 on that and I have not tested 1080p videos (on 12.04 they would not work properly), but to do that I must manually force the video output for 1080p and it is not easy to do.
quickest way to test might be to grab the generic OpenElec version, put it on an USB stick and boot your htpc from stick. If proper HW decoding of 1080p is not working there you might have a hard time to get it working AFAIK. And with an old ATI/AMD card you most likely be out of luck on 14.04
I tested that 1080p setup yesterday, it does not work fluently. I might do that sometime Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do I Disable 3D?0