Win BETA Release: XBMC Remote Keyboard!

Today i present the initial BETA of my new application "XBMC Remote Keyboard", As you can probably guess by the name it is a remote keyboard application, Basically it allows you to control your XBMC installation from another system as if the keyboard is directly connected (currently requires ALT to be pressed). This is done via JSON requests sent to XBMC. Controlling the Windows OS side of my Media PC is so easy thanks to Synergy and i wanted the same sort off functionality in the OpenELEC (XBMC) side also. The application is quite early in development and more functionality is planned.

Features
  • GUI to set IPTongueort
  • Completely hidden interaction (Global Hooks like in my Keybinder Application)
  • Notification Icon to show infomation, errors and avaliable updates.
  • Supports most basic XBMC controls (full list below)

Supported Commands
ALL THE TIME UNLESS DEFINED BELOW
  • Input.Left (ALT + LEFT)
  • Input.Right (ALT + RIGHT)
  • Input.Up (ALT + UP)
  • Input.Down (ALT + DOWN)
  • Player.PlayPause [Toggle]
  • Input.Select (ALT + ENTER)
  • Input.Home (ALT + ESC)
  • Input.Back (ALT + BACK)
  • Input.ContextMenu (ALT + C)
  • Input.Info (ALT + I)
DURING VIDEO PLAYBACK
  • Player.Seek [SmallBackward] (ALT + LEFT)
  • Player.Seek [SmallForward] (ALT + RIGHT)
  • Player.Seek [BigBackward] (ALT + DOWN)
  • Player.Seek [BigForward] (ALT + UP)

Screenshots

Downloads
LATEST: http://cyanlabs.co.uk/applications/xbmc-remote-keyboard

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b8f8e...401569354/

Source
 Source can be found at http://github.com/cyanlabs/XBMC_Remote_Keyboard 

Support
THIS IS A BETA, Please leave comments below or on my website http://cyanlabs.co.uk and i will try to respond ASAP.

Credits
  •  XBMC Team for having a JSON API

i given a look: when i launch the keyboard it checks for updates but when i try to send a command it crashes. i used the same port of the web server. isn't right?
another strange thing is that when the settings windows is on i have always the busy state of windows (you know, the mouse pointer circular....)
tried on windows 7 professional
Peppe
(2014-06-02, 10:41)peppe_sr Wrote: i given a look: when i launch the keyboard it checks for updates but when i try to send a command it crashes. i used the same port of the web server. isn't right?
another strange thing is that when the settings windows is on i have always the busy state of windows (you know, the mouse pointer circular....)
tried on windows 7 professional
Peppe

Well firstly i have to re-iterate it's a intial beta release... bound to have issues. Thanks for replying so i can get them sorted Smile

Your first problem i'm not sure whats wrong, it works for me, yes you use the IP and PORT of your XBMC webserver, The second issue is known and i'm not really sure what the issue is however i literally spent only around 30 minutes making the application and testing ideas out, i want to know if people find it useful or not as if they don't there is no point me improving functionality etc.

Hence why this is a BETA release and the version number is 0.0.1 (to be honest more like a testing release)

I will look in to your issue to see if i can find a obvious answer ASAP.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.
i find it useful, i think i will use it.
often on my couch i use a notebook while on my htpc run xbmc. if i would use the notebook to send commands to xbmc i use team viewer using your software will be easiest.
why have to use alt+key?
Peppe
(2014-06-02, 21:46)peppe_sr Wrote: i find it useful, i think i will use it.
often on my couch i use a notebook while on my htpc run xbmc. if i would use the notebook to send commands to xbmc i use team viewer using your software will be easiest.
why have to use alt+key?
Peppe

great, glad it is useful, yeah I use it to control my media center pc from my main pc, yeah the idea is for basic functions to be easily accessible. not sure why you need to press alt, it works no matter what window is active so Ofcourse we would want some sort of modifier key and by default this is alt (not currently changeable).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BETA Release: XBMC Remote Keyboard!0