Skin/Python Intergration
i'm not even sure if this is possible but could python scripts be integrated into skins. for example an rss feed on the main screen similar to avalaunch. this in my opinion would be a great feature but perhaps not many skinners would take advantage of the feature and would leave the power user to extend the functionality of the skin. perhaps python scripts could add functionality in other areas as well, such as custom folder views that would filter file names depending on user defined strings. maybe a sleep feature, where the xbox would turn off after a user defined time. while some of this could be done under the scripts menu, i think that python's integration with the gui is very important to the spread of script use, it also would add a whole new level of customization.
the sleep feature is already in...

as for the rest, the main issue is it requires keeping the python interpreter loaded all the time, which uses memory.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

forgot about the overhead doh! maybe xbmc could use it's own less powerful scripting language that could be imbeded in xml files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin/Python Intergration0