Wind, Tide, Lunar, Coastal weather - port/marine weather...?
Hi -

I was wondering if there is a plug-in or add-on for those of us that are into surfing - diving - boating etc, marine and port weather.
WonderWeather and Yahoo Weather are pretty general and honestly not that accurate for what I need.

Coastal/ Marine forecasts are as a rule, are more accurate and more in line with what I and others into water related sports require.

Something that has Lunar /Sun cycle/phase - Wind - Tides for specific ports bodies of water etc is more in tune with what I'm after.
I do have them on my cell phone - they are free apps - but it would be nice to see them on the big screen.

Samples of what I'm referring to and use on my cell are:

iWindSurf for wind direction and speed
They do have a site: http://www.iwindsurf.com/

RadarNow @ www.radarnow.net/
For live radar

Tide Guide for tidal ( which also has Lunar and Sun cycle/phase)

And a couple for Lunar phase and Sun Cycle specific which also show future local of the Sun/Moon at specific times of the day ( for filming)

With those in mind - is there a plug-in/add-on that I can use with XBMCbuntu ?

As well is there currently a way to pick something besides WonderWeather/Yahoo Weather?

tia,

~ chase ~
I think You can. I am new to xbmc, but from what I gather, you can actually use radar now.

you need a android emulator installed on your pc (windows, linux, etc..) Then have the app installed. Go to xbmc screen and I k now I read somewhere about an add on or something that let's you run external programs from withing the main interface. You would then make that a favorite, and it will display it as a button on the screen. click the button and radar now! should display.

I am a boater as well and I am going to try and get this same thing to work on my touchscreen pc that I have installed in the cabin of the boat.

Great idea!
On the "Toolbar Tooltip"..."Current Conditions"- would you please add "Wind Gust" as an option for display?

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wind, Tide, Lunar, Coastal weather - port/marine weather...?0