• 31(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
Hi Ruuk,
Thanks so much for replying to me, as my screen reader somehow got disabled, and I wasn't aware of this keyboard command so thanks for sharing. When there is new features added it, will the screen reader addon be updated automatically? Thanks for all the hard work that you put into this.
Yes it should update automatically anytime there is an update released to the repo.
Hey Ruuk, I hope you are doing well. While KodiTTS is working perfectly for the latest Kodi. I was wondering if you have looked at the changes coming for 17 and if we should be worried. My experiences with Estuary so far is that much is while much readable, there is much that is not. It actually seems like a pretty good skin for speech if they'd make a few fixes. It's my hope that maybe you will look into updating KodiTTS for it while development is young and maybe work with the developers to prevent any major issues before they become to ingrained. Smile

We will always have great appreciation for all the fine programming you have done.
(2016-03-09, 05:14)Traker1001 Wrote: Hey Ruuk, I hope you are doing well. While KodiTTS is working perfectly for the latest Kodi. I was wondering if you have looked at the changes coming for 17 and if we should be worried. My experiences with Estuary so far is that much is while much readable, there is much that is not. It actually seems like a pretty good skin for speech if they'd make a few fixes. It's my hope that maybe you will look into updating KodiTTS for it while development is young and maybe work with the developers to prevent any major issues before they become to ingrained. Smile

We will always have great appreciation for all the fine programming you have done.
I'm super busy, but doing well. I'll have to make some time to get everything working with Estuary. I keep thinking things well slow down but they haven't, which is good, but means I have to manage my time more which I'm not used to Tongue
Well Super busy is good, as long as your happy Smile I'm really glad to see your doing Well. I don't know that you should necessarily fix anything just yet with Estuary and Krypton, Not until it gets closer to release, I'm only hoping you will keep an eye on the development to maybe catch or chime in on any changes in the code that would possibly make things difficult on updating the speech addon, Possibly maybe include anything you might think could increase the accessibility. You know to maybe keep things like what happened with the virtual KB from happening.
Hi Ruuk I have the latest NVDA screen reader on windows 7 installed and working, I have the latest kodi 16 jarvis and the kodi screen reader freezes and goes disabled and wont turn back on, I have been looking for the nvda controller client dll addon and can't seem to find it , I added ruuk repo installed the screen reader there no change still freezes and disables added super repo Jarvis repo but still could not find the nvda addon can you please post how to get this installed and working thks!
Hello, Can you install this addon, I think it is what your looking for.

@Edit - Better Link
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=downl...GRYdEl6bkE
Hi thks for the link,, downloaded it and went to install from zip and comes up with "failed to install error" any ideas?
(2016-03-14, 06:37)katiep Wrote: Hi thks for the link,, downloaded it and went to install from zip and comes up with "failed to install error" any ideas?

Should have installed.

Can you manually unzip the file into this folder?

Code:
%APPDATA%\Kodi\addons

Once you do that and have a
Code:
script.module.nvdacontrollerclient
folder in there, That folder should have the needed DLL in it.

--RUUK--
Have you done anything with a PicoTTS? If so do you know if it is any good? Also have you done any more experimenting on Cepstral by chance? I have a Pi3 and am getting ready to experiment with that again since I never got to it with my Pi2.
(2016-03-14, 07:26)Traker1001 Wrote: Have you done anything with a PicoTTS?

Doesn't pico2wave use PicoTTS?

(2016-03-14, 07:26)Traker1001 Wrote: Also have you done any more experimenting on Cepstral by chance? I have a Pi3 and am getting ready to experiment with that again since I never got to it with my Pi2.

I honestly can't remember my last results when playing with Cepstral. Most likely the last time I mentioned it in this thread was about the last time I messed with it.
Yeah, Pico2wav is Picotts. So I have had a chance to install and use several of the engines while playing with OSMC and Alsa,
PicoTTS is not bad, Although only really useful while playing with Aplay. Any of the others configs don't work while playing audio/video of any other sort. Also it seems PicoTTS in muffled.

Festival, just no.

Espeak, Is not bad, Clearer speech than PicoTTS.

Cepstral, Now seeming to be the best out of them. Clear speech. However only works with AOSS selected. W/O Aoss selected i get nothing.

All of them seem to have a crackle and some artifacts to the voice and limit to how loud I could get it. I thought CPU was issue here, However unlike the previous PI I had I am not really pushing the cpu and memory very hard from what I can see. Any idea as to why I might not be able to get smooth audio? Also, Are we writing and reading a WAV file to the SD every time it says something?

I have not done a lot of experimenting and plan on doing a bit more. Couple Ideas I have yet to try. One being, I am, wondering if something like a hifi berry might not help.
Hey Ruuk, on Cepstral, When I don't enabel "Use AOSS" what is it supposed to use? Was that originally intended for pulse audio?
That sounds likely. I feel like aoss was mostly a Pi solution and is not needed on normal linux desktop install.
Hello,

Regarding your screen reader for Kodi. Lately, it has been causing Kodi to crash, and every time I close out of Kodi, a dialog pops up stating Kodi quit unexpectedly. Also, I can update everything else on Kodi just fine, but when I try to update the screen reader to the latest version, it causes Kodi to crash; so the latest update doesn't get installed. I have removed the Kodi screen reader to se if that was the culprit. After I removed it, everything was fine. I didn't get any error dialogs telling me Kodi quit unexpectedly after I closed out of Kodi or anything else. So it was the culprit. What are you doing to fix this? Have you had this kind of issue reported to you before? As of now, I'm still using an older version of Kodi screen reader due to the above issue.
Hello Smokie, I'm not having this issue and I am running both Jarvis 16 and Krypton 17 both on Linux, Pi and windows, All are running the latest of the screen reader. Also I know of noone else having this problem. However, If you were to post a log via Pastebin, It would tell us a lot and Maybe we could help you out.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10