• 18(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
(2015-03-26, 18:35)devinprater Wrote: For me, after putting the pluggin in the necessary place in /library/applicationsupport/kodi/addons and starting Kodi, the sound that the screen reader was loaded, the beeps, play, but I get no speech. It has been THAT way sense the beginning. I tried with the latest 15.1 alpha and the addon for your site.

I just installed it on a friends Macbook and speech came right up for me without a hitch. The fact that you are getting the beep beep say that it is installed. I also know there are several folks who actually use the reader on the mac.

Lets get this figured out for you, Do you think you could post a log to pastebin and provide the link for us. Maybe we can see whats going on.
Where can I find the logs?
2ruuk
ok, thanks. I will try do it Smile
devinprater - logs can be found in
Code:
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Logs/kodi.log
Ruuk, Wow, Looks like you have been busy lately. Smile Just read about the HDHomeRun Live TV addon. Big Grin totally cool.
Smile
How is it coming? I like it, but when you can, can you please add reading what you are typing in the edit box? that is when you use the virtual keyboard.
This does work on openelec on my pi 2.
Dqhpmp: The KB has been fixed in the 15 version+.

You won't see it in 14.x unless its custom compiled with the fix. If you ask at the Openelec forums, maybe they can custom compile a version with pull request 6327.
how can i get it the version 15 of koi
is 15 of koi out yet I ll wait until they update to that version
Nope 15 isn't out yet, will probably be in a couple months. If you want to try the alpha though you need to goto the Openelec forums and get the development builds.
I will wait for that though, but how is progress going with the screen reader?
don't forget this works on the raspberry pi 2
Are you sill going to update this?
I really like this addon a lot.
2ruuk

I was try to implement the json for kodi tts with
'{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.NotifyAll", "params": {"message": "SAY", "data": {"interrupt": true, "text": "4f7574646f6f72206c69676874696e6720737769746368206f6e"}, "sender": "service.xbmc.tts"}, "id": 1}'
and now I have two question about it:
1. How can tts during movie playback? Option "Speak when media playing" is set to "on", but no efect Sad
2. How can use the cyrillic phrases like as "Уличное освещение включено"? Can I use this table http://www.ascii-codes.com/cp855.html or this http://www.celitel.info/klad/tabsim.htm ?

Thanks in advance.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10