Release - Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Traker1001 Offline
Hello, I'd really appreciate it if you could edit your post and cut/paste your log to http://pastebin.com/ and post the link instead. It keeps the thread clean and easier to search through rather than filling it up with log.

I really only see a couple of relevant python errors stemming from threading.py.

With that said, Hopefully Ruuk will be able to chime in with some more useful info. Smile
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-25 14:37 by Traker1001.)
find quote
ruuk Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Information  v1.0.1
Added a new version to my repository: 1.0.1.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Changed backend priorities

Orinks: The issue you are having appears to be caused by the fact that you have Cepstral installed, and the addon is attempting to use it and failing. I've never tried Cepstral on OSX so it is not surprising it does not work. I've modifed the addon so that it uses the system voice by default. Let me know if this gets it working for you.

Everyone else: I've change the backend priorities so that the built-in or most likely to work are the highest. This may mean that upon installation, if you've never selected a specific backend, the backend that is used will change. To fix this you just need to select a the desired backend in the addon settings.

[Image: sig.jpg]
find quote
leopardgrrl1 Offline
Hi,
Just installed the screenreader and all is working well. I'm asking this basic question here because I'm not ware of any documentation or FAQs. Is there a keyboard shortcut available to temporarily enable/disable the screen reader?

Thanks,

lG
find quote
ruuk Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-04-26 22:27)leopardgrrl1 Wrote:  Hi,
Just installed the screenreader and all is working well. I'm asking this basic question here because I'm not ware of any documentation or FAQs. Is there a keyboard shortcut available to temporarily enable/disable the screen reader?

Thanks,

lG
In the addon settings you can install the keymap. If that is installed F12 toggles the screen reader on and off.

Also F1 repeats the current control, F2 speaks the window text, F3 speaks extra item text, and F4 stops speech. F6 brings up the addon settings.

[Image: sig.jpg]
find quote
Traker1001 Offline
Ruuk, Would you be able to have the keymap installed on first run and just leave in the option to remove it in the settings. Smile
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 00:27 by Traker1001.)
find quote