Release - Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
chojiro Offline
Thanks! I got it now. Apparently I missed a lot of things, but I finally took the time to actually look properly through everything after your first message to my reply.. Not sure how I missed it in the first place. lol. Seems really obvious.
find quote
ruuk Online
Team-Kodi Member
Information  v1.0.2
Added a new version to my repository and Kodi official repo: 1.0.2.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Install default keymap on first run

[Image: sig.jpg]
find quote
ruuk Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-06-27 01:06)Traker1001 Wrote:  @Ruuk if I missed anything please let me know. I know you are busy with some really cool stuff, however, if you get a chance I am sure it would be handy if the custom KB map were installed automatically on first run of the add-on as it is an integral part on the add-on. Also I haven't said it in a while, So thank you again. Big Grin

I finally got around to it. Sorry I took so long Tongue

[Image: sig.jpg]
find quote
lookidok Offline
Just following up on my experiment to keep the Screen Reader on one sound card and the main Kodi on another. Works well. For the record I also installed mpg123 as a plugin for kodi on Openelec with some minimal changes. My only issue I ahve so far though is when playing speech via the usb sound card it always seems clipped a the end.. where as playing it via the internal sound card it does not. Weird. I will investigate further because the WeTek Play is a bit of an exotic beast. But I did want to say to everyone that if you are stuck with an ALSA build of Kodi and find the Screen reader locks up playing video then have a stab at doing what I did and use a separate sound card for speech.

Once again thanks Ruuk. it is a very nice and usable plugin if only openelec would install mplayer by default then I feel sure most of my headaches would be solved.

Cheers,
find quote
Traker1001 Offline
@Ruuk - that's cool, we all know your busy and appreciate everything you do. Big Grin

@lookidok - I never actually had any issues when I was running an Alsa build on the Pi 1, But its cool to know that is an option. I had a similar setup with 2 cards using windows for a while, It actually worked well.
(This post was last modified: 2015-06-28 02:56 by Traker1001.)
find quote