Release - Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.63 Average
ruuk Offline
Team-Kodi Member
I've finally fixed the installer and the addon link on the Downloads Page Smile

[Image: sig.jpg]
find quote
blindndangerous Offline
Just putting my vote in for a way to capture history if at all possible. I keep having to reauthorize the youtube addon and to do this I need to enter in a code. Since I can't use Screen Review with NVDA to get the code it makes this really annoying to get it off the screen to enter into the Google page. But as always, thank you Ruuk for all the work you have done with this. We really all do appreciate it.
find quote
blindndangerous Offline
I do want to also mention one other thing. I think I've mentioned it before, but if you go into a text viewer, their is no way to stop speech once it starts reading until it's finished. Pressing F4 does not stop it, as well as pressing F12 to kill the addon. Not even restarting the screenreader will stop it. The only way it will stop is if it reaches the end of the document. So even if you change screens, it will ignore everything else until it's done reading the document. So you might not want to go reading changelogs unless you want to hear every single change everytime you go into one.
find quote
ruuk Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-08-17 16:52)blindndangerous Wrote:  I do want to also mention one other thing. I think I've mentioned it before, but if you go into a text viewer, their is no way to stop speech once it starts reading until it's finished. Pressing F4 does not stop it, as well as pressing F12 to kill the addon. Not even restarting the screenreader will stop it. The only way it will stop is if it reaches the end of the document. So even if you change screens, it will ignore everything else until it's done reading the document. So you might not want to go reading changelogs unless you want to hear every single change everytime you go into one.

I'm not having this issue at all. A few questions:

What platform are you running on and what skin are you using?

Do F4 and F12 behave normally otherwise?

Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 2015-08-17 18:14 by ruuk.)
find quote
blindndangerous Offline
I'm using Confluence and on Windows 10, but this also happened on 7 and 8.1. All 64-bit. Yes, F4 and F12 work normally otherwise. I know it's doing something because if I press F6 from the home screen, I can see it change to the settings screen.
find quote
ruuk Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-08-17 18:33)blindndangerous Wrote:  I'm using Confluence and on Windows 10, but this also happened on 7 and 8.1. All 64-bit. Yes, F4 and F12 work normally otherwise. I know it's doing something because if I press F6 from the home screen, I can see it change to the settings screen.

I duplicated your issue. It is specific to NVDA. I'll take a look and see about fixing it.

find quote