Suddenly no sound. Mute icon is showing. F8 and + keys do nothing.
It seems as if out of nowhere my XBMC is muted and I cant get volume back. I have tried the f8 key, I have tried the + key, I have tried going into the sound options with a movie playing and adjusting the slider, but it wont move. Ive recently installed soundblaster utilities from my motherboard driver, so its possible that is the issue...but I have since uninstalled that software. The sound works otherwise just fine, but not in XBMC. I decided to install Gotham RC1 in hopes of it fixing itself. but no luck.
Do you have a joystick or other game controller attached? If so try going to Settings -> System -> Input Devices and disable Joystick support.
(2014-06-02, 07:50)jjd-uk Wrote: Do you have a joystick or other game controller attached? If so try going to Settings -> System -> Input Devices and disable Joystick support.

Thanks! That worked. Weird...
Laptop?
(2014-06-03, 05:23)Ned Scott Wrote: Laptop?

No, its a desktop.
Detection of accelerometers was added in Gotham I believe, so anything with one of those maybe detected as a joystick or gamepad. If you felt inclined to debug further, leave your xbmc control device plugged in then unplug everything else connected, enable joystick support again, and start plugging stuff in again one at a time.
There's a deadzone setting for joysticks in advancedsettings.xml. I wonder if that would help if the default value for that was a little higher.
Personally I think Joystick support should be disabled on all platforms as default except Android.
(2014-06-03, 09:44)jjd-uk Wrote: Personally I think Joystick support should be disabled on all platforms as default except Android.

For me It works well on windows & android, not as much on Linux.
Perhaps, but there's quite a few instances of strange things happening that are solved by disabling Joystick support under Input Devices. If it was other way round and you had to enable Joystick support in Input Devices and then strangeness started to happen then IMHO the cause would be more obvious.
I will debug further when I get a chance. I have an MCE remote connected that I use when watching movies, but I also use Rom Collection Browser and a Steam Big Picture launcher for gaming, so having the ability to control the menus with a 360 gamepad is valuable.
Hi Guys! I am having similar problem. Suddenly i am seeing mute icon on top left corner and no sound from some movies. I am using Kodi 14.2 Helix since last couple of months. I get sound from computer when i start it and play other files but when i start Kodi the mute icon displays on top left corner. I checked the settings of Kodi and found nothing wrong. I have enabled pass through in Kodi for my Yamaha AVR which to connected to Epson PJ via HDMI. I am thinking of upgrading to Kodi 15 Isengard. Will it solve the problem?
Have same issue as captainrizal. upgraded to isengard, disabled joystick in settings, rebooted, then hit f8 and..... sound is back. hope this helps
it worked great for a hot minute and then volume went away again! no mute icon ever appeared. help!
I'm now having the same issue. I don't see any mute icons. All works well and then all of a sudden the sound stops working. This then affects my computer. Once I shut KODI down all goes back to normal. Anyone else having this problem lately?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suddenly no sound. Mute icon is showing. F8 and + keys do nothing.0