Gotham - Crashes when Downloading Subtitles
can any one confirm dat de 14.0 alpha beta 3 fix the problem with subtitles ?
My aptv2 still reboot when downloading subtittles ...
Any body can help?
Is it no option to use the subs addon the way it was used in frodo. Since it has been build in it hasn't been working very wel..

Huh
Just hoping for Helix to sort out the memory leaks and/or the resource hogs...
The Real Skimshady
Dear all,
first of all, thanks for offering a Kodi build for ATV2, that's awesome, it usually goes ways faster than my Raspberry pi.

I also have issues with Gotham, and I have upgraded to Kodi this morning but subtitles module seems to crash. It usually crashes, either when searching or when downloading.

Let me know if you need anything from me, I'd be happy to provide!

Happy new year Smile
@++
I've been struggling with this issue with Gotham builds and now with Kodi. With Gotham builds, XBMC would crash randomly when downloading subtitles (appx. 50% of times would reboot the appletv). Nothing helped, but it usually worked atleast once after the reboot. Now with Kodi, my player crashed every time when downloading a subtitle - nothing, even the reboot would not help.

All my media is on a QNap NAS and is played via a NFS share. I've checked that my file & directory permissions are ok. Somebody above said, that he/she experienced crashes when the client did not have permissions to write the subtitle file to the share where the video file resided but this was not the case here.

Well, I still decided to try the same solution. I configured Kodi to save the subtitle file to the atv flash - NOT to the NFS share with the video file. This fixed the issue completely and now the subtitles plugin does not crash at all anymore.

I have no idea why this is. People are reporting that this might be a "out of memory" related issue, but I'm thinking this is weird because XBMC/Kodi has worked for me really well (== not crashing / rebooting) expect for this subtitle issue. If the atv would be really memory limited and the subtitle plugin would crash because of this, shouldn't we see much more crashes in general use ?

Well, my 5 cents, if you people are experiencing this issue I highly recommend you try setting the subtitle download folder to a internal partition in your atv2 and try if it helps.
This is a usefull info. The gadget has sbout 7-8 gb of spase as I know, right?
Also post here what exactly you did. Thanks!
S@
(2015-01-27, 20:23)mulletronic Wrote: I've been struggling with this issue with Gotham builds and now with Kodi. With Gotham builds, XBMC would crash randomly when downloading subtitles (appx. 50% of times would reboot the appletv). Nothing helped, but it usually worked atleast once after the reboot. Now with Kodi, my player crashed every time when downloading a subtitle - nothing, even the reboot would not help.

All my media is on a QNap NAS and is played via a NFS share. I've checked that my file & directory permissions are ok. Somebody above said, that he/she experienced crashes when the client did not have permissions to write the subtitle file to the share where the video file resided but this was not the case here.

Well, I still decided to try the same solution. I configured Kodi to save the subtitle file to the atv flash - NOT to the NFS share with the video file. This fixed the issue completely and now the subtitles plugin does not crash at all anymore.

I have no idea why this is. People are reporting that this might be a "out of memory" related issue, but I'm thinking this is weird because XBMC/Kodi has worked for me really well (== not crashing / rebooting) expect for this subtitle issue. If the atv would be really memory limited and the subtitle plugin would crash because of this, shouldn't we see much more crashes in general use ?

Well, my 5 cents, if you people are experiencing this issue I highly recommend you try setting the subtitle download folder to a internal partition in your atv2 and try if it helps.
Not working. Same as when downloading on a folder on the ATV2 Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - Crashes when Downloading Subtitles2