• 12(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
I have tried to install OE 5.0 on a flash USB drive, and KODI runs very slow. Similar setup on a NUC works much better.
Any reason why the CI320 is so sluggish with OE ? do I need to change any BIOS settings for OE to perform better ?
No. Use the NUC's usb stick and reverify.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can I use the NUC flash drive as-is to verify ? Does it matter if I use a USB3 or USB2 port to boot up?
Try . boot from USB3 is not specified and it's pure luck if it works.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I cloned the flash drive onto an external HDD and used the HDD to boot. It works very well off the HDD. Maybe the flash drive itself is very slow.
How much of a compromise is running OE from a flash drive vs installing a small SSD ?
OK, I tried the latest build of Windows 10 preview and that seems to work OK (a few devices aren't activated in the device mgr so I just leave them alone, I can't figure out which ones they are anyways). After a software update a Win 10 Intel HD graphics driver is loaded but it doesn't support DTS-HD/True-HD passthrough so I just loaded the Win 8.1 drivers and that supported it.

XBMC seems to work pretty well on the current build of Win 10, and until they fix the bug in OpenElec I'll probably just stick with that. I get Netflix and Blu-Ray playback this way anyways, as well as access to my Win 8 apps.
How is it going with hw deinterlacing on ci320 with open elec? possible? what is the quality? Does it handle 1080i?
Only BOB or VAAPI-BOB - quite inferior to MCDI and MADI

-> blame intel: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79765
Any idea when it will be solved? If at all...

CI520/540 will be OK I assume since they are haswell based?
Hi, has anyone got the CI520 hooked up via HDMI to an AV receiver with audio passthrough? Are there any issues when switching the source or switching off the av receiver and left running headless? I'm planning to have one of these always on and just switch on the receiver when I want to play some media and I heard that the NUCs have some issues with this.
Thanks!
Can anyone think of what might cause a CI320 running OE 5.0.2 to hang randomly during playback ?
OE is installed on a Corsair 60GB SSD. 4GB of ram.
I think I told that now 100 times: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=88012

BYT: Baytrail
(2015-02-13, 18:52)fritsch Wrote: I think I told that now 100 times: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=88012

BYT: Baytrail

Thanks for the info, but I couldn't understand if there is a workaround to this problem?
Is this related to a specific OE/Kodi version ?
I have another CI320 running Windows 8.1 with no freezing so I assume this is not a hardware problem.
As you see from the link: kernel bug. Workaround: kernel downgrade to 3.16 ... as my link told. Complete Linux world is affected.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1