• 16(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
(2015-03-04, 10:05)leshets Wrote: It seemed to me that Greensha and Karmck implied that when you have the ci520 setup like that and you change the input on your AVR and then go back to the ci520's input you won't have the HDMI signal anymore.... Am I correct? or maybe I misunderstood something?

I just saw your post. If there is no device connected to the HDMI output of the CI520 (for example if you have it connected to HDMI-1 input of your TV, then switch to the HDMI-2 input and then back to HDMI-1) the CI520 will stop sending an HDMI signal. You can fool the HDMI output of the CI520 with something like a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus. This will make the CI520 think it is permanently connected to a device.

Apparently there is a software solution too. This involves editing the EDID file (see this thread http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/7175...l-graphics). If you get it work, let me know!
(2015-05-26, 16:32)greensha Wrote:
(2015-03-04, 10:05)leshets Wrote: It seemed to me that Greensha and Karmck implied that when you have the ci520 setup like that and you change the input on your AVR and then go back to the ci520's input you won't have the HDMI signal anymore.... Am I correct? or maybe I misunderstood something?

I just saw your post. If there is no device connected to the HDMI output of the CI520 (for example if you have it connected to HDMI-1 input of your TV, then switch to the HDMI-2 input and then back to HDMI-1) the CI520 will stop sending an HDMI signal. You can fool the HDMI output of the CI520 with something like a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus. This will make the CI520 think it is permanently connected to a device.

Apparently there is a software solution too. This involves editing the EDID file (see this thread http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/7175...l-graphics). If you get it work, let me know!

I had this issue with Mythbuntu. Perhaps Kodibuntu / OpenElec suffer from the same issue... I noticed this wasn't a problem in the BIOS screen, so there must be something at the software level. I have a CI520 and decided to install regular Ubuntu 16.04 on it instead of Mythbuntu or even Xubuntu. So far so good, no more issues with the HDMI signal being an issue. I can switch inputs, turn devices off, etc - the Zotac will now work properly when switching back.

The issue I have now is with the remote - does anyone use the built-in IR receiver? I am trying to setup lirc, and based on this post I got farther than with any other guide... However not every button press is working in Kodi, and I'm not quite sure how to adjust the mappings! I've tried to follow the instructions for doing a manual mapping http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Set_up_LIRC and I am pretty much stuck. Has anyone managed to get the built-in IR receiver working with Kodi?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1