Linux AMLinux cant bypass hostname setup
I have flashed an MX box with XBMC (AMLinux) firmware.

This all went well, and boots up ok, but after a few seconds an AMLinux config dialog appears.

This has various steps, but the 2nd step is to choose a hostname. No matter what I put here (including leaving the default of 'AMLinux'), clicking Next results in the dialog just going blank. I cannot bypass or close this in any way, and so its rendering my MX box unusuable.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem before, or any guesses how to resolve it?

Or perhaps there is a way to configure AMLinux via a config file somehow, so that it doesn't try to prompt me with the cursed dialog?

I would of course send a log file, but I dont think I can get one at this stage, since theres no access to File Manager, and SSH is setup later during the AMLinux dialog

Thanks
Where did you get AMLinux from?
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2014-06-06, 10:11)AuXBoX Wrote: Where did you get AMLinux from?

Well, this MX box is actually my stepfathers. It was boxed as an 'Android TV Box' but the guy he bought if from preinstalls it with XMBC and AMLinux etc.

He managed to break it by messing about with addons etc, so I agreed to take it home to try and reinstall it all for him.

I did a factory reset, which took it back to a clean AMLinux install, however it still had issues and locked up on the XMBC loading screen, so my only choice was to try and find a fresh firmware and reflash it.

I scoured the net for some sort of AMLinux firmware and eventually found a guy on youtube selling it for £20.
So thats where I'm at right now Sad
Go back to the Guy he bought it from.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
One of these might work on your box: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Linux#ARM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLinux cant bypass hostname setup0