Pico PSU help
Hi I ordered a 150w picopsu and a 12v 144W brick and am having an issue.
It works on one motherboard but does not work on a second motherboard. On the board it does not work on It makes some kind of clicking noise when not working, think of a bad show where they have a meter that kind of ticks (very quietly) "picking up ghosts" is the best way I can describe it.
Any advice before returning?
Same board boots right up with an antec psu.

Here are the parts.
Asus A55BM-E w/ AMD A6-6400k - Works
Asus A55BM-E w/ AMD A10-7850K - Works
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 w/ AMD A6-6400k - Doesn't work
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 w/ AMD A10-7850K - Doesn't work
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 w/ AMD A6-6400k w/ Antec PSU - Works
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 w/ AMD A10-7850K w/ Antec PSU - Works
What's the wattage of the Antec PSU?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-06-03, 23:30)jammyb Wrote: What's the wattage of the Antec PSU?

Antec green 380 I think
Gigabyte boards can be very finicky when it comes to mini-ITX power supplies. I've never figured out the rhyme or reason to it and it seems to be across the product line, AMD or Intel boards. Sometimes getting a replacement board works and sometimes it doesn't.

I've never seen the problem with ASUS and I've only had one particular ASRock board that didn't like a particular model on mini-ITX power supply.

If you really want that Gigabyte board and that picoPSU I would start by replacing the board though it's not guarantee a new one will work.
(2014-06-04, 15:17)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Gigabyte boards can be very finicky when it comes to mini-ITX power supplies. I've never figured out the rhyme or reason to it and it seems to be across the product line, AMD or Intel boards. Sometimes getting a replacement board works and sometimes it doesn't.

I've never seen the problem with ASUS and I've only had one particular ASRock board that didn't like a particular model on mini-ITX power supply.

If you really want that Gigabyte board and that picoPSU I would start by replacing the board though it's not guarantee a new one will work.

Ha! I just replied to your reply at another forum! Figured I would post here so someone may see my somewhat solution if they search for it.

Thanks kind of what a figured, just finicky. It was a microcenter combo so I went back and for $4.50 I changed it out to an Asrock FM2A88M-HD+ , working great (for the last 3 minutes).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pico PSU help0