• 5(current)
OS X Yosemite
Friends, I am experiencing a strange problem on my mac mini with Yosemite videos over the network must now be carrying, run fine for 15 minutes then back pausing to load .....
    Before it all flowed very well, now I have this problem, someone is having this problem?
   I know that might not have anything to do with xbmc, can the mac mini to yosemite version ... however I am sharing my problem with you ....
   My network has always worked very well, so rule out this problem.
You're not alone. I upgraded to a new Mac mini this week, that comes with Yosemite, now I get similar playback errors.

Video starts playing, then suddently the video freezes for several seconds, then restarts. (all the while, subtitles keep running while video is freezed)

Happens at random intervals, on different video files.

Only thing that changed on my setup, is the new Mac mini (at 4K resolution), and Yosemite.

No problems on another Mini with Mavericks.
I'm testing the new X-Men movie to see if it will continue .... Return pausing to say if paused

In the movie X-men had no problems .... The movie flowed normally ...
I am not able to put my mac mini to sleep ... He tries to light flashes, however he wakes up alone!
   Before the light was blinking for a while, then hung up and I could wake it normally ... However I was already using the beta of yosemite ... I think the problem is with the version of the helix beta 1
So just installed Kodi beta 1 on Yosemite and got my first crash. Where do I post the log?
put it to pastebin.com and post the link here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What's up. This is my first post. I don't have XBMC but I'm going to install it today after learning I can stream my Google Drive movies with it. I'm on OSX Yosemite and will be installing it after I Reboot my computer for the 10.10.1 seed update.
(2014-11-05, 21:20)Dre Sage Wrote: What's up. This is my first post. I don't have XBMC but I'm going to install it today after learning I can stream my Google Drive movies with it. I'm on OSX Yosemite and will be installing it after I Reboot my computer for the 10.10.1 seed update.

You sure can. Just check out this add-on: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=177557
I have noticed something very annoying after I updated to Yosemite, my films when they arrive at a particular time must be caching all the time ... I was watching the movie how to train your dragon, was quiet until 00:25:00 thereafter began lock and load have to wait ... I think the problem is with the yosemite ...

I've been reading that he had problem with wifi ......
(2014-11-01, 18:00)iorifly Wrote: Friends, I am experiencing a strange problem on my mac mini with Yosemite videos over the network must now be carrying, run fine for 15 minutes then back pausing to load .....
    Before it all flowed very well, now I have this problem, someone is having this problem?
   I know that might not have anything to do with xbmc, can the mac mini to yosemite version ... however I am sharing my problem with you ....
   My network has always worked very well, so rule out this problem.

(2014-11-01, 18:15)dogzipp Wrote: You're not alone. I upgraded to a new Mac mini this week, that comes with Yosemite, now I get similar playback errors.

Video starts playing, then suddently the video freezes for several seconds, then restarts. (all the while, subtitles keep running while video is freezed)

Happens at random intervals, on different video files.

Only thing that changed on my setup, is the new Mac mini (at 4K resolution), and Yosemite.

No problems on another Mini with Mavericks.

Not sure if this is related to Yosemite. having the same problem with OSX 10.7.5 and KODI beta.
Video stops playing, subtitles go on and the only way to 'solve' it is to force quit KODI.

I know you guys need a debug log, but is there a way to run a debug log without showing the OSD of the debug?
It happens at random times, sometimes in the middle of the movie and the wife is not as tolerant as I am :-)
edit: found this on the wiki. will post debug log soon

EDIT_2: I'm not on Yosemite, so created a new thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209003
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the buffering problem since I updated to Yosemite. All my media files are located in my NAS and had no problem since years. Right after Yosemite, it stops to buffer in every couple of minutes. Sometimes couldn't even continue playing. I tried increase cachemembuffersize or make it 0, but those didn't solve the problem. 0 cachemembuffersize made buffer pauses more rare but it still continues. When I try to watch anything with some simple media players, there's no problem at all.

Any suggestions?
I changed my connection type to my network drives from SMB to AFP. Everything's working fine now.

cheers.
(2014-11-26, 10:02)toif Wrote: I changed my connection type to my network drives from SMB to AFP. Everything's working fine now.

cheers.

How did you do that exactly?
Did you have to change anything in OSX? if yes, what may that be?
Cause in KODI, when I add videos, I can choose between NFS and SMB, but I can't see AFP anywhere...
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2014-11-27, 18:15)Zokkel Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 10:02)toif Wrote: I changed my connection type to my network drives from SMB to AFP. Everything's working fine now.

cheers.

How did you do that exactly?
Did you have to change anything in OSX? if yes, what may that be?
Cause in KODI, when I add videos, I can choose between NFS and SMB, but I can't see AFP anywhere...

You should see the AFP server in the Zero Conf Browser on your XBMC rig. Make sure you have AFP enabled on your Mac (System Preferences>Sharing>File Sharing>Options). If you can't get Zero Conf to work you can try manually adding the source- afp://ipofmac/sharedfolder. The mac must have a static ip for this to work.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-10-20, 21:45)Memphiz Wrote: You could also try this special fixed version of 13.2 i did right now:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Hi, I'm experiencing random crashes while playing movies in Yosemite and Gotham 13.2 (on Mac mini 2010)

Tried to reach that "special fixed version" but cannot find it anymore on any mirror, any way to get it? I don't want to install Kodi yet...

Thanks..!
L.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yosemite2