• 7(current)
OS X Yosemite
I'm having a problem with Kodi recognising aliases created under Yosemite i.e. I have media files on a partition and typically drop aliases of these into ~/movies as a list of things to watch that day/week.

Log

The same problem happened under Gotham, but it is specific to aliases created with Yosemite. Those made with Mavericks resolved fine.
This is not a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Oops, my apologies. I followed the first turn debug on procedure this time. Appreciate your efforts

Debug log
mhhh nvm ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-12-05, 17:33)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-12-05, 15:50)Nemrod Wrote: Hi,

The Log.

So I have the following problems :
- Sound during startup and navigation;
- Playback, slowed at the beginning but also not smooth.

Thanks
Nemrod

1. Can you try to set your audio settings to fixed 48000 inside Kodi (system->system->audio)
2. Please try to enable ffmpegvda and see if this fixes your non-smooth playback: (please search the wiki for advancedsettings.xml and then for useffmpegvda on that side - i can't provide the link as the wiki is blocked here ...).

Thank you for your answer Blush

I'll try asap.

Edit :
1. I still have the problem, the log.
2. I don't have a clue of how do that, i tried the following :

<advancedsettings>
    <useffmpegvda>false</useffmpegvda>
</advancedsettings>

Nemrod
@HiChBe can you try this testbuild and give feedback please:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
Thanks Memphiz that build seems to have fixed it. I tried with aliases to mp4, mkv and avi file types and Kodi did resolve each to the target file.

Here is the log in case it is of use.
Will try to get this into helix - but up to the release managers as we are in release candidate phase and this is not a crash & burn bug...

follow:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5934
Posted in another thread but then saw the Yosemite thread, hopefully not in the wrong place but here we go again...

Ever since updating to Yosemite on my MacMini, my beloved XBMC Gotham 13.2 would crash shortly after start-up. I updated to Kodi stable to no avail, and am now on nightly updates.

My issue remains, Kodi crashes while performing library (both movies and television shows) updates. My workaround was to disable automatic library update on start-up but this leaves my library incomplete. This is now happening across all 3 of my MacMini's.

Error log attached, let me know if this is not the right file (this is the first time I have posted an error log).

Here's a log report as well as what I think is the crash report.

Log - http://pastebin.com/nD89qUtQ

Crash - http://pastebin.com/SPk334W5
This thread is a mess and you add to it by posting non yosemite related stuff in here. (that log is done in mavericks!).

You are crashing because of a raw image somewhere on your scraper path (like from a digital camera with raw photo ability). Either that or because of the banner.jpg in /Volumes/Volume_1/media/tv shows/gold rush/banner.jpg is corrupted (if this log really belongs to the crashreport file).
(2014-12-11, 09:49)Memphiz Wrote: This thread is a mess and you add to it by posting non yosemite related stuff in here. (that log is done in mavericks!).

You are crashing because of a raw image somewhere on your scraper path (like from a digital camera with raw photo ability). Either that or because of the banner.jpg in /Volumes/Volume_1/media/tv shows/gold rush/banner.jpg is corrupted (if this log really belongs to the crashreport file).

Sorry to have wasted your time, hopefully these logs are more helpful...

Same problem, deleted jpgs as noted above, still crashes.

Log http://pastebin.com/rcwwDM3m
Crash Log http://pastebin.com/TSe6yfmu
The video info scanner has still some raw image at some point where it crashs:

Code:
0x000000010f8e5157 CxImageRAW::Decode(CxFile*) + 23

I can't tell you which one it is - you have to figure out that file somehow. Its difinitly not a jpeg but a raw image.

Also you can look at the very end of the debug log
Code:
602.19:56:50 T:4649287680   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:/Volumes/Volume_1/media/tv shows/gold rush/
603.19:56:50 T:4649287680   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load image from memory

It might be in this folder somewhere or not - thats can't be determined because of filesystem caching when writing the log.
(2014-12-09, 13:12)Nemrod Wrote:
(2014-12-05, 17:33)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-12-05, 15:50)Nemrod Wrote: Hi,

The Log.

So I have the following problems :
- Sound during startup and navigation;
- Playback, slowed at the beginning but also not smooth.

Thanks
Nemrod

1. Can you try to set your audio settings to fixed 48000 inside Kodi (system->system->audio)
2. Please try to enable ffmpegvda and see if this fixes your non-smooth playback: (please search the wiki for advancedsettings.xml and then for useffmpegvda on that side - i can't provide the link as the wiki is blocked here ...).

Thank you for your answer Blush

I'll try asap.

Edit :
1. I still have the problem, the log.
2. I don't have a clue of how do that, i tried the following :

<advancedsettings>
    <useffmpegvda>false</useffmpegvda>
</advancedsettings>

Nemrod

Hi,

Did you find anything?

Thanks