WIP Hulu using Chrome/Flashplayer projector - Alpha Release
I've put the playercorefactory.xml file in these locations:

C:\Users\Jake\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.huluchrome-master\playercorefactory.xml
C:\Users\Jake\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.huluchrome-master\resources\playercorefactory.xml

I also notice I have another playercorefactory.xml at this location, which I did not change.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system

I have now changed the file in this location too. Success!
(2015-01-23, 07:57)snakyjake Wrote: I also notice I have another playercorefactory.xml at this location, which I did not change.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system

I have now changed the file in this location too. Success!
I would have thought it should be C:\Users\Jake\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
But if yours works - go with it.
(2015-01-23, 04:36)learningit Wrote: Thinking about your menu bars and tabs still being there, and assuming that chrome is already closed when you run huluchrome, it seems like the --kiosk command isn't being processed by chrome. You may want to test the use of the parm from the command line to see that it gets processed correctly under OS/X.
Also if you exit from chrome as an external player by killing it from the menu bar (clicking the 'x'), you will get a very annoying 'Restore Chrome' error bar popping up the next time you run chrome. To avoid that, you need to exit using ctl+shift+Q.

Chrome was closed, but I did not make a separate profile, so I will check that out later.

I think most of these problems would go away by using the 'chrome launcher' addon, and avoid the playercore.xml stuff entirely, since kiosk mode works great in that.

Also I quit using cmd-q and never get the 'restore chrome' bar popping up.
(2015-01-23, 18:44)keith Wrote: I think most of these problems would go away by using the 'chrome launcher' addon, and avoid the playercore.xml stuff entirely, since kiosk mode works great in that.
Just because you asked twice nicely. If you want to run Hulu in Chrome Launcher (of course you first have to load and config Chrome Launcher):
Find the following lines of code in Kodi\addons\plugin.video.huluchrome-master\resources\lib\stream_hulu.py:

Code:
#
           video_id = common.args.url
           finalUrl = 'http://www.hulu.com/stand_alone/%s' % (str(video_id))
           smilSoup = self.getSMIL(video_id)

and add this single line of code in - use spaces (not tabs) for indent:

Code:
#
           video_id = common.args.url
           finalUrl = 'http://www.hulu.com/stand_alone/%s' % (str(video_id))
           finalUrl = 'plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?url=%s&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=no' % (finalUrl)   # add this line
           smilSoup = self.getSMIL(video_id)

If I understand the Chrome launcher (which I don't claim to) it should work. It may require using urllib.quote() or urllib.quote_plus() to wrap finalUrl, but I don't think so. Let me know if it works and I'll add an addon setting and update my repo.
When NetflixXBMC loads a video using Chrome Launcher, it loads it in a new window, fullscreen, on what appears to be a separate file, in kiosk mode.

When your Hulu addon loads it, it loads it in a tab added to my existing tabs, in the background, but it did load!

I can't access my living room setup right now, but I will test it on that later and not on the laptop I'm currently doing work on and see what I can do.

Thanks for the support!
I had a peek at NetflixXBMC and it looks like they use an additional parameter for chrome launcher to select kiosk and a chrome profile folder. I don't think the chrome profile folder is necessary for Hulu (but I could be wrong). Try the following line of parms in place of the one above:

finalUrl = 'plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?url=%s&mode=showSite&kiosk=yes' % (finalUrl) # add this line
I signed up with a hulu account and installed the addon. I didn't get any error one or more items failed to play is all the add-on would say when I tried to play something. I'm going to get a realdebrit account to see if it makes a difference. Oh and I need help with the failed shows that would'nt play.Cool
(2015-03-02, 23:38)Buggy90210 Wrote: I signed up with a hulu account and installed the addon. I didn't get any error one or more items failed to play is all the add-on would say when I tried to play something. I'm going to get a realdebrit account to see if it makes a difference. Oh and I need help with the failed shows that would'nt play.Cool

This addon isn't for someone who has little or no experience with Kodi. It takes a fair amount to technical knowledge to get it going. The instructions are there and are clear for those who understand such things. The starting place would be to read and understand the instructions. Also knowing that someone supporting these addons isn't a mind-reader.
Thanks for this addon it works quite well with Chromelauncher but I have an issue with a distortion that runs across the screen from time to time in both this addon and the NetflixXBMC addon using Chrome

Th NetflixXBMC can use IE 11 which I use and this does not have the distortion issue. Can you tell me if I can use IE 11 with your addon?

This seems to be the code that does it
elif osWin:
if winBrowser == 1:
path = 'C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe'
path64 = 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe'
if os.path.exists(path):
subprocess.Popen('"'+path+'" -k "'+url+'"', shell=False)
elif os.path.exists(path64):
subprocess.Popen('"'+path64+'" -k "'+url+'"', shell=False)
else:
launchChrome(url)
#xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?url="+urllib.quote_plus(url)+"&mode=showSite&kiosk="+kiosk+")")
(2015-03-31, 10:06)oztrained Wrote: Th NetflixXBMC can use IE 11 which I use and this does not have the distortion issue. Can you tell me if I can use IE 11 with your addon?

I assume that you made the 1 line patch for the chrome loader given earlier in this thread to get it to work with chrome. If so, you'll need to comment it out and then change your playercorefactory.xml to use IE instead of chrome for the hulu domain. The subprocess call may work, but if it doesn't it can be a bitch to debug.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "distortion"? I've never experienced any distortion in video, though I don't use this addon for Hulu anymore.
Thanks for your reply
I think what I called distortion others call video tearing in the top third of the screen.
I am using the video processor in an Intel i5 processor and this works fine directly with Kodi’s player.

What I have found is that if I start browsers directly from the Windows desktop to watch the same Hulu content

1. Chrome gets the tearing with its default setting of use hardware acceleration. If I turn hardware acceleration off the tearing goes away but the video quality is greatly reduced and jumpy

2. Firefox plays without tearing and good video quality

3. IE 11 plays without tearing and good video quality

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

I have been unable to get IE 11 to run as the video player by following your previous suggestion. If you have any more detail of how to set it up it would be appreciated.
(2014-12-31, 00:49)mathgeek97 Wrote: This works pretty nicely in Windows. Is it possible to add a Control Utility like the one used in NetfliXBMC to convert remote signals to keypresses? WAF would be greatly increased if this could run with only a remote.

I know this is an old post, so hopefully you came across the Flirc by now.
Greetings,

I had this plug-in working just fine, and then I had to replace a hard drive and reinstall my whole system. Now, even after following all of the instructions here, that I got to work last time, I'm still getting a script error. It seems to be something about an attribute not being set right for "playlist".

Here's my logfile

Please help. Thank you.
Put back the link to the whole log file. The snippet is useless - delete it.
The correct link to the debug file is http://xbmclogs.com/pmh8srs3e

You don't have playercorefactory.xml setup correctly is part of the problem. Ignoring the script error, the addon is trying to play:
http://www.hulu.com/stand_alone/60542736
So you either haven't set up playercorefactory.xml correctly or if you're trying to use chrome launcher you haven't made the necessary patch back a bit in this thread.
I doubt your still working on this but I can't find any other solution for Hulu except playon. I get logged in successfully and I can view my lists etc but upon trying to play something I get a failed to play error. Here is the errors from the log

Log
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu using Chrome/Flashplayer projector - Alpha Release0