• 32(current)
v14 Xperience1080 3.x
(2015-01-27, 08:26)barney stinsen Wrote:
Piers Wrote:Also, calling another skin or mod 'Shit' is not the nicest of things to say. Each to their own.

Why should i lie and i´m not the only one. And it´s only my personal opinion.

Fair enough, but you could have a bit of tact about it.

This guy volunteers a ton of his time to this project and is sharing it with you while asking for nothing in return. And you wonder why so many skins go unfinished. Show a bit of respect.
Then it would have been enough to say that you did not like it.
In a forum you can express yourself with respect. After all, everyone works voluntarily.
This is why i would rate this voluntary work not so derogatory.
But that's just my opinion... back to basic ;-)

@deletedpenguin
ups, tooooo late
Is it possible to have an option to go back to previous version of home screen.

I understand that it is an evolution, but I really don't like it. It apppears as stretch. An in the music panel, it was really nice, now it's horrible because it is not a square and all de system info (cpu, ram, etc.) are really useless and it horrible to.

Another question do you think possible to add all the panels to the organize panel option? I can't disable weather or home and I don't use then.

I'm sorry for all these criticisms, but I really do not like this version.

w2w
(2015-01-27, 09:22)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Is it possible to have an option to go back to previous version of home screen.

I understand that it is an evolution, but I really don't like it. It apppears as stretch.

Yeah, for me it's a bit too widely streched now as well.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Two tiles on each side in movies and series i don't like. Undecided
Home and music, is very nice, in my opinión.
To each his own, but I am a huge fan of the wider widgets with 4 tiles. Without them, I felt like I never really saw the enitre fanart images for my shows or movies, only cropped versions without the left and right edges. And as I've said about the movies widget in a different place, since movies tend to have cooler looking fanart than TV shows, I prefer a fanart widget over a poster widget.

And I also gotta say I respect the skin author's philosophy of not retaining all kinds of features as options. This often ends up cluttering the skin code, making it harder to maintain. I've used im85288's 1080XF MB3 extensively, and I think it's really great (shame on the guy spreading negativity about other peoples' work). There is, however, something to be said about having one experimental mod allowing lots of options, and one core mod which is more focused on one path.
I really like the new version but sadly the notification-bug (I've posted some time ago) still exists

I looked into it again and realised that the notification DOES show up while you play a video...
But if you play music and enter fullscreen it doesn't.

Would be nice if you could look into that Smile
Quote:Of course, like everyone, you're entitled to your opinion but you'll find people less enthusiastic to help if you call their work "shit".

Quote:Fair enough, but you could have a bit of tact about it.

This guy volunteers a ton of his time to this project and is sharing it with you while asking for nothing in return. And you wonder why so many skins go unfinished. Show a bit of respect.

Quote:Then it would have been enough to say that you did not like it. In a forum you can express yourself with respect. After all, everyone works voluntarily.
This is why i would rate this voluntary work not so derogatory.

Yes guys, you are all right. Next time i say " i don´t like it", and @deletedpenguin, i have respect for every skinner, but if somebody bombs out a great skin with tons of mess, i think then every user can tell his opinion, but next time a little like "we take our hands and dance around" Blush
I like the skin! For me the big fanart in the homescreen is no problem at all. I only use 2 addons regulary anyway. There are only 2 thingsthat would make it even beter for me. I would like to be able to have the subtitle sync option as a button in the movie controles. Now Ik need to go to the sound option and go down to the subs sync. Also I would like to be able to add custom homescreens (tabs).
Hi

Thanks for the response.

"Auto Mode: You can use the add-on to perform a 'full scan' and select art types to be downloaded there - why do you need a shortcut as well?"

Yes I understand if you run the Artwork Downloader add-on from the Program add-ons area that it will just start a full auto scan of the entire library. You also seem to have a short cut to do this also on the Options menu called "Update Art". I also understand that in the Artwork Downloader add-on settings you can select which types of artwork you would like it to download for you.

"Solo Mode: You're looking at it in your screenshot.(Where?)
GUI Mode: You're looking at it in your screenshot."

I thought I was looking at just Artwork Downloader GUI mode on that screen shot.Where you can select the different types of artwork individually for a title.

Perhaps our understanding of Solo mode is different? When selecting Solo mode in Aeon MQ5 for a title it automatically downloads all available artwork for that title. I still can't see how you do this in 1080XF?

"You can handle all artwork by using one of three options:

1) The artwork downloader add-on GUI
2) Skin Settings -> Update artwork after library update (this is for new additions to your collection)
3) As you have done in your screenshot."

Number 2 could be handy then for newly added content!

Maybe I am being thick but I can't see any Artwork Downloader Solo mode option.

Cheers
(2015-01-27, 09:23)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 09:22)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Is it possible to have an option to go back to previous version of home screen.

I understand that it is an evolution, but I really don't like it. It apppears as stretch.

I second that. Looks kind of wierd and i hate the fact, that i lost these 2 tiles on the movie tab.

I understand that it is an evolution, but I really don't like it. It apppears as stretch. An in the music panel, it was really nice, now it's horrible because it is not a square and all de system info (cpu, ram, etc.) are really useless and it horrible to.

Another question do you think possible to add all the panels to the organize panel option? I can't disable weather or home and I don't use then.

I'm sorry for all these criticisms, but I really do like this version.

w2w

v3.44.40 (which will be released today) has an updated home screen - it's been tweaked. I'll explain the reasons and thinking behind the redesign.

- I spent quite a while toying with the idea and playing around to see which option suited.

- No tiles are lost, you have:
2 x Home
4 x Movies
4 x TV
6 x Music
10 x Apps

- Matching Movie and TV Shows screens show off more fanart and keep a consistent flow between screens. Changed animations also help for low powered devices.

- The Movie section has been reduced in width to bring back correct aspect ratio album art - you still have extra tiles (before there were only four)

- The System section (last option) has been changed to make it less... 'brutal' - I've replaced constantly updating CPU/RAM etc stats with plain library stats and reduced the width - it's now actually useful. This might be removed if it's not liked.

There will be no option to return to the previous home screen (at this time), although I suppose it could be added as an option. However, since more of the screen is being used and not wasted, without sacrificing aesthetics it's a natural evolution of the design. I hope that clears that up for you. I'm also maintaining the original Xperience1080 skin and these changes have been merged into that, although it's not available on the repo.

See how you like v3.44.40 when it's pushed out later on. I hope you'll find it far more refined and a good use of screen space.

(2015-01-27, 10:49)PatOso Wrote: Two tiles on each side in movies and series i don't like. Undecided
Home and music, is very nice, in my opinión.

Before you had four tiles on one and six on the other, now it's cleaner.

(2015-01-27, 10:59)eirki Wrote: To each his own, but I am a huge fan of the wider widgets with 4 tiles. Without them, I felt like I never really saw the enitre fanart images for my shows or movies, only cropped versions without the left and right edges. And as I've said about the movies widget in a different place, since movies tend to have cooler looking fanart than TV shows, I prefer a fanart widget over a poster widget.

And I also gotta say I respect the skin author's philosophy of not retaining all kinds of features as options. This often ends up cluttering the skin code, making it harder to maintain. I've used im85288's 1080XF MB3 extensively, and I think it's really great (shame on the guy spreading negativity about other peoples' work). There is, however, something to be said about having one experimental mod allowing lots of options, and one core mod which is more focused on one path.

Someone sees my reasoning Smile im85288's version offers a lot of features, which I simply don't think are needed in this version. I like a simple interface that makes good use of screen space etc. 1080XF is the core and will contain the most stable code (in theory Tongue), version 4.00.x is already being worked on for Kodi 15.x.

(2015-01-27, 12:08)Tadly Wrote: I really like the new version but sadly the notification-bug (I've posted some time ago) still exists

I looked into it again and realised that the notification DOES show up while you play a video...
But if you play music and enter fullscreen it doesn't.

Would be nice if you could look into that Smile

Can you send me a PM with many more details? I'm happy to look into it but I need information!
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-01-27, 13:50)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Thanks for the response.

"Auto Mode: You can use the add-on to perform a 'full scan' and select art types to be downloaded there - why do you need a shortcut as well?"

Yes I understand if you run the Artwork Downloader add-on from the Program add-ons area that it will just start a full auto scan of the entire library. You also seem to have a short cut to do this also on the Options menu called "Update Art". I also understand that in the Artwork Downloader add-on settings you can select which types of artwork you would like it to download for you.

"Solo Mode: You're looking at it in your screenshot.(Where?)
GUI Mode: You're looking at it in your screenshot."

I thought I was looking at just Artwork Downloader GUI mode on that screen shot.Where you can select the different types of artwork individually for a title.

Perhaps our understanding of Solo mode is different? When selecting Solo mode in Aeon MQ5 for a title it automatically downloads all available artwork for that title. I still can't see how you do this in 1080XF?

"You can handle all artwork by using one of three options:

1) The artwork downloader add-on GUI
2) Skin Settings -> Update artwork after library update (this is for new additions to your collection)
3) As you have done in your screenshot."

Number 2 could be handy then for newly added content!

Maybe I am being thick but I can't see any Artwork Downloader Solo mode option.

Cheers

I use Artwork Downloader all the time - I have it set to run automatically after a library update. I then select which items I want to use from the menu you're looking at - such as Poster and Fanart etc. I don't see a need for another option which does what's already available from the add-on. I've removed ClearArt and Logo from that menu in the next update, I've also re-read the Artwork Downloader skinning information to see if there's something I've missed - nope.

(2015-01-27, 15:04)pizzaboy Wrote:

I second that. Looks kind of wierd and i hate the fact, that i lost these 2 tiles on the movie tab.

I feel there are going to be two crowds with differing opinions on this matter. Can you tell me what you preferred about the previous home screen? But, please, wait until you've seen the changes in the version 3.44.40 pushed to the repo today.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
anyone know how to get to the xperience1080 theme, cant get to it from latest helix branch on github

anyone know where to get those picons from?
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 3.x8