• 37(current)
v14 Xperience1080 3.x
(2015-01-25, 15:23)bwfan Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 15:19)Piers Wrote: I'm still not understanding the issue - I don't use any streaming scripts so can't really test it.

What is actually happening? The artwork is pulled from the scraper, as long as the add-on you're using has it correctly set up to use the particular type of artwork then it will be shown there - I don't store any images in directories, only in the cache. Are the images cached? What happens when you try and use artwork-downloader to add a new image?

Screenshots/videos and logs please.
Morning Piers,

I have a NAS mysql setup and my scraping services are set to local only. All nfo files are local and art located within each directory. I can try and post some logs later today.
OK a skin reinstall fixed this issue Piers. Sorry to bother. The skin is A-OK Smile

Cheers,
BW
  • Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXBT-2807
  • LibreElec 8.0.2
  • Samsung 50" Plasma
  • SVS Prime satellites | Bookshelf speakers
  • SVS PB13 Plus Sub
  • Synology DS412+, DS416j, DS212j, 21TB Storage
  • 3 x Linux Ubuntu Servers, dual Xeon CPU running | Plex | Subsonic | Radarr, Sonarr & NZBGet
Is it possible to run without the background overlay? I normally use a custom background for my system but now, with the overlay as part of the texture pack that is a bit harder. Any chance there could be a toggle to just turn off the overlay?

I got it with another oneliner
Code:
sed -i 's/fade\/overlay.png/fade\/overlay2.png/' Includes_WindowContents.xml

BTW the other one to get rid of the debug bit was written wrong:
Code:
sed -i 's/debugging=\"true\"/debugging=\"false\"/' addon.xml

Wink

I absolutely love the stretched look too, and please don't replace the video tiles with yet another rotating cover widget like another poster was suggesting.
Hi

Problem:

I enabled the Artwork Downloader Debug and the Kodi Debug logging.

I added two new movies today and ran the Video database update with the skin option enabled to auto "Update Art (landscape,logo,clearart) after database update".

After the video database update had completed, I then left Kodi open for a good long while, but I did not see any completed notification about Artwork Downloader. Neither was there any new artwork files put in to the two new movies folders on the file server.

Debug Log file can be seen here. (Sorry xbmclogs pastebin site gave me an error uploading).

So it appears here at least, that the Artwork Downloader is not being run after the video database update has completed for some reason?

I also repeated the test with these Artwork Downloader add-on settings turned on:

Run in the background
Show dialog on finish/errors

However after another video database update it seems Artwork Downloader was not run / initiated by the skin again.

Second debug log file here.

Request:

Would it be possible to have an option to turn on the Artwork Downloader scanning progress / status so its visible after a Video database update? I'd like to see that its actually happening?

Thanks
(2015-01-30, 15:50)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Problem:

I enabled the Artwork Downloader Debug and the Kodi Debug logging.

I added two new movies today and ran the Video database update with the skin option enabled to auto "Update Art (landscape,logo,clearart) after database update".

After the video database update had completed, I then left Kodi open for a good long while, but I did not see any completed notification about Artwork Downloader. Neither was there any new artwork files put in to the two new movies folders on the file server.

Debug Log file can be seen here. (Sorry xbmclogs pastebin site gave me an error uploading).

So it appears here at least, that the Artwork Downloader is not being run after the video database update has completed for some reason?

I also repeated the test with these Artwork Downloader add-on settings turned on:

Run in the background
Show dialog on finish/errors

However after another video database update it seems Artwork Downloader was not run / initiated by the skin again.

Second debug log file here.

Request:

Would it be possible to have an option to turn on the Artwork Downloader scanning progress / status so its visible after a Video database update? I'd like to see that its actually happening?

Thanks

I'll take a look, but it works absolutely as intended on all my set ups.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Greetings!

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before but I’ll attach a screenshot with this as well:

It would be nice, practical as well as cleaner to have all the settings-tiles visible when you are in the Home-Settings section. Currently only two tiles are missing “Weather” & “System Info” and it feels a bit unnecessary to enter the “Settings” only for these additional options when you almost have nearly all of them available just in the home screen, it feels like a duplicated section when you enter it.

The current info-panel (Movies/TV/Music counts) in the home-settings right-panel is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, especially since that info is already available in multiple places (home-tiles and next to the profile-pic etc.). The “Unwatched” count is indeed useful but that info should be visible when you are in the Movies/TV sections or even better next to the profile pic instead (for example in my case of the screenshot below it should show: "317 Movies, 31 Unwatched" instead of just "317 Movies" next to the profile-pic).

There would also be no need for a <onclick> function for the “settings-icon” in the home menu, when you have all the functions available in the tiles in order to avoid a duplicated section. I'm sure that some users might disagree but this would definitely match the "Clean interface" motto of this skin Smile

Keep up the good work and best regards.

/Edit: Img:
(2015-01-31, 10:57)AhuraMazda Wrote: Greetings!

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before but I’ll attach a screenshot with this as well:

It would be nice, practical as well as cleaner to have all the settings-tiles visible when you are in the Home-Settings section. Currently only two tiles are missing “Weather” & “System Info” and it feels a bit unnecessary to enter the “Settings” only for these additional options when you almost have nearly all of them available just in the home screen, it feels like a duplicated section when you enter it.

The current info-panel (Movies/TV/Music counts) in the home-settings right-panel is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, especially since that info is already available in multiple places (home-tiles and next to the profile-pic etc.). The “Unwatched” count is indeed useful but that info should be visible when you are in the Movies/TV sections or even better next to the profile pic instead (for example in my case of the screenshot below it should show: "317 Movies, 31 Unwatched" instead of just "317 Movies" next to the profile-pic).

There would also be no need for a <onclick> function for the “settings-icon” in the home menu, when you have all the functions available in the tiles in order to avoid a duplicated section. I'm sure that some users might disagree but this would definitely match the "Clean interface" motto of this skin Smile

Keep up the good work and best regards.

/Edit: Img:

That's something I've been considering - I did actually do that for one test version but reverted it. I think that's the natural way for the skin for evolve - I keep looking at the stats on the right and thinking 'Why did I put that there?". It's 'fugly'.

And here's the home screen settings area for 3.45.x

What's changed:
- The Settings icon on the top is no longer clickable
- All settings are located on home instead
- Central positioning as with the rest of home

I may move the settings, slightly, and put '1080XF' next to 'Appearance'. and bump 'Weather' down to the left of 'Services'.

I asked these in the 3.5 thread without a response.

Are you planning support the VideoExtras addon?

And, could you include a directory of icons for folks to use when setting the custom items?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-01-31, 18:22)Piers Wrote: And here's the home screen settings area for 3.45.x

What's changed:

I may move the settings, slightly, and put '1080XF' next to 'Appearance'. and bump 'Weather' down to the left of 'Services'.

I don't like this on home instead. It's my opinion...
Sure you can put all settings in other location
(2015-01-31, 19:29)thrak76 Wrote: I asked these in the 3.5 thread without a response.

Are you planning support the VideoExtras addon?

And, could you include a directory of icons for folks to use when setting the custom items?

I did reply, although it may have been to another person. No, there is no plan to integrate it into this skin.

(2015-01-31, 21:51)jodit Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 18:22)Piers Wrote: And here's the home screen settings area for 3.45.x

What's changed:

I don't like this on home instead. It's my opinion...

The settings are either stay as they are or going the way of the screenshot. Hiding things where they don't belong results in this skin losing flow.

What's changed:

Greetings Mr. Piers! It looks great! This is one of the very few skins that can pull this off and yet looking clean at the same time, this would’ve never worked with Confluence or other older horizontal-menu based skins like Aeon etc. and does indeed improve the work-flow of this skin especially with the new wider home layout. Now the home-settings section looks and functions like the applications section layout wise and that's great Smile.

I think that it would be best to perhaps keep the short settings-description info (please see img below) for each focused setting-tiles and only replace the profile-pic/info when browsing down on the settings section in order to make it easier for the new Kodi users that are switching from the official Confluence skin. The re-arrangement for “1080XF” next to “Appearance” as you mentioned sounds practical and definitely for the better.

img:

(2015-01-31, 21:51)jodit Wrote: I don't like this on home instead. It's my opinion...

I don’t really understand the reason for disliking this change for the better, especially with the new wider home-screen layout. You already had 90+% of the settings options available in the home screen previously and I would guess that most users perhaps only entered/clicked on settings in order to use the two missing options (weather/system-info). This works especially great since Kodi only uses 10 setting-categories as shown in the Confluence image below. If Kodi had over 12+ setting categories then it would of course be useful to enter another section to reach all of them in order to avoid cluttering the skin in the home section.

3.44.51 is available on git (again, git releases are not supported in this thread).

From the changelog

• Corrects missing texture for Weather loading

• Corrects shadow for new Settings area

• Reverts to previous background images used

• Tweaks to overlays on default theme

• Redesigned Profiles settings area to match other panels (beta)

• Adds extra Home settings items
• Removes onclick to enter settings

• Reverts Home settings to original

• Bumped due to ronie's bump from .40 to .41

• Fixed favourites not opening when RSS enabled

• Changed a few language strings

I much prefer the proposed setup for settings. One question, what happens to the weather settings if weather is disabled?
(2015-02-01, 11:48)anarchybomb88 Wrote: I much prefer the proposed setup for settings. One question, what happens to the weather settings if weather is disabled?

Agreed. Prefer it (never sat right with me having the settings repeat when you click).

Weather settings should stay there since you still might need access to weather settings even if if the weather tab is disabled. For example, other addons might use weather or even within the skin, weather is still shown in the bottom right of home screen and video OSD. Bit like I would still expect to see Music and Live TV settings even though I disable both home sections.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 3.x8