Feature requests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dalidah Offline
Hi, thanx for creating one of the best skin so far. Minimal as i like. Great job!
I have 2 requests (if possible): when playing a movie, if I press the info button it's shown the actual hour, the time of the movie playing and the movie length. What's missing is the ending time: could it be added?
A second request: cinema experience integration?

Thanx again
Dalidah
find quote
thedeadman Offline
Skilled Skinner
Hi Dalidah,

Yep, i'll look into adding both of these things for you.
find quote
NKK64 Offline
(2014-08-19 15:53)kitsunegari Wrote:  Would it be possible to have an option to change the default behaviour of a menu item? I know it exists in other skins, just if its not possible in this one can I request the feature? If its not the direction you want to take I understand completely. Music, for example, I would always want to default to "Files".

I back that request. I too am an 'old-school' Big Grin user who prefers to deal with folders/files and not media library. And navigating to Files menu using remote control is quite cumbersome.

So maybe I could achieve this by editing one of those xml-s in the skin's 1080i folder?

Regards,
Nicholoz
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-10 21:48 by NKK64.)
find quote
NobEef Offline
Hi there. A weird request, but I was wondering if some of the on-screen display could be stripped from the audio playback. I run my HTPC on a rather old plasma TV, and I'm paranoid about image retention and burn-in. In an ideal world, the white up-arrow would have a toggle-able option to be removed from the top-left corner, and the artist/album/track words could potentially fade away after X seconds (10,15,whatever) after a new song started. Currently, I've just been turning my TV off during music playback, but that reduces the awesome effect of the artist images!

I truly love this skin, and it's definitely my current go-to-skin, but I'm not a fan of the permanent white presence during playback:

[Image: 462WLDn.jpg]

Thanks for the consideration Smile
find quote
thedeadman Offline
Skilled Skinner
Not a strange request at all - I'll see what I can do to fix this up for you (and other Plasma users)
find quote
NobEef Offline
Thanks for the prompt + positive reply! Smile I'm looking forward to it greatly! Smile
find quote
unclegit Offline
First up absolutely love the skin - clean, efficient, gorgeous.

My only issue is the network shares I've added as media sources are not showing up - I added UPNP devices which work in other skins, however are not showing up under maximinimilism. I'll try to just use NFS or SMB network shares later to see if I can get it working that way.

I'll take a poke around tonight / this weekend in the skin and see if I can provide a patch to fix.

I second the req on the plasma changes - although I've set the screensaver to DIM with a short timeout to avoid the problem - also full screening some visualizations helps avoid the problem.
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-12 06:30 by unclegit.)
find quote
thedeadman Offline
Skilled Skinner
unclegit: The upnp thing is an odd one. Could you please supply a screenshot of where the information should be showing up?
find quote