Alternatives to ATV2 for running XBMC?
(2014-10-28, 15:14)dWooluf Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 03:45)ctawn Wrote: Search the forums for what? XBMC? If you're referring to some magic solution to getting XBMC to work on ATV2 properly, I'd like to hear it.

Search the forums for how to completely remove xbmc from atv2. I reinstalled xbmc from scratch and my experience went from completely unusable to 'good enough for now'. No, it doesn't work properly. It crashes every few days. Not when I'm actually using it usually.

Are you able to play 720p on Gotham without crashes?

I re-jailbroke my ATV2 to upgrade to 5.3 and Gotham - presume this would have completely removed xbmc? Mine is crashing constantly and is currently unusable (particularly as most of my content is 720p). It hardly ever crashed on Eden before upgrading.
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

(2014-10-28, 16:51)flekz Wrote: Are you able to play 720p on Gotham without crashes?

I re-jailbroke my ATV2 to upgrade to 5.3 and Gotham - presume this would have completely removed xbmc? Mine is crashing constantly and is currently unusable (particularly as most of my content is 720p). It hardly ever crashed on Eden before upgrading.

Yes. I can run 720p without crashes. Sorry, can't say whether re-jailbreaking the atv2 removes xbmc. I doubt it. From memory (and a quick Google) there are a few terminal commands to enter. Copy and paste. I installed 13.0. That's the way I'll leave it until Helix.
@d'Wooluf or anyone in here:

Could you please help ATV2 how to play HD(720p) without crush. Jailbroken ATV2 for 2 days now and every time playing HD, ATV2 reboot. But it play fine in SD. I google but find no answer.

ATV2 5.3 jailbroken
XMBC 13.2
Install frodo 12.3 from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternatives to ATV2 for running XBMC?0