Texture+Text overlay on full screen video
Lightbulb 
I want to make a "info nuggets" add-on for music videos (remember VH1?). Can you tell me how to draw directly on full screen video?
Your question is nearly two years old and your use case is a bit different from mine but I had the same question and still wasn't able to find an answer for that.

I'm not sure if my handicraft work with snippets from different sources was the best solution but it works. The main facts are:
  • I created a service-addon
  • With xbmc.Player().isPlayingVideo() I was able to detect if video is playing or not
  • xbmcgui.ControlImage(x, y, w, h, pathToImage, aspectRatio) in combination with xbmcgui.Window(windowid) and the correct windowid for video (12005) adds an image to your video
  • xbmcgui.ControlLabel(x, y, w, h, text, font, textColor, alignment) adds a textbox to your video

You can download and disassemble my plugin here: http://www.apfel-z.net/artikel/OSDinfo/#osdinfo_en ;-)

To detect the correct time to display the musicvideo info labels you could use the current video position xbmc.getInfoLabel('Player.Time("hh:mm : ss")') and the video duration xbmc.getInfoLabel('Player.Duration("hh:mm : ss")')

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Texture+Text overlay on full screen video0