Solved Animated Background v5
Hi all,

I have just upgraded from 12.3 and Nox 4.0.9 to 13.1 and Nox 5.1.2.

All seems to be working great except for the animated backgrounds.

In the 4.0.9, I could set up backgrounds for Photos, Movies, TV Shows, Music and Home Movies and every few seconds the background would change as well as being animated. For example when "Movies" is highlighted in the main menu, then the background would show an everchanging selection of fanart for Movies. When in TV Shows, it would show an everchanging selection of TV Fanart etc.

I can't seem to make that happen in the new version. I am just stuck with the fanart for Gravity no matter what is highlighted in the main menu.

I go to Settings>Appearance>Skins>Settings>Home Window>Setup the Aeon Nox Main Menu. Then I go into each of the Movie, TV Shows etc selections and set Item Background for each of them.

But when I set the Movie background to Random Movie Fanart, it also sets it in all the other selections. So when I go to TV Shows and set Random TV Fanart, then the Movies setting has been changed to this setting... etc.

So all I am getting is a static picture on all menu options and no animation.

Could somebody explain where I am going wrong please?

ADDED: Can't seem to get TV Tunes to work either. Is that because the Add-On needs an update?
(2014-06-08, 04:24)blossom24 Wrote: Hi all,

I have just upgraded from 12.3 and Nox 4.0.9 to 13.1 and Nox 5.1.2.

All seems to be working great except for the animated backgrounds.

In the 4.0.9, I could set up backgrounds for Photos, Movies, TV Shows, Music and Home Movies and every few seconds the background would change as well as being animated. For example when "Movies" is highlighted in the main menu, then the background would show an everchanging selection of fanart for Movies. When in TV Shows, it would show an everchanging selection of TV Fanart etc.

I can't seem to make that happen in the new version. I am just stuck with the fanart for Gravity no matter what is highlighted in the main menu.

I go to Settings>Appearance>Skins>Settings>Home Window>Setup the Aeon Nox Main Menu. Then I go into each of the Movie, TV Shows etc selections and set Item Background for each of them.

But when I set the Movie background to Random Movie Fanart, it also sets it in all the other selections. So when I go to TV Shows and set Random TV Fanart, then the Movies setting has been changed to this setting... etc.

So all I am getting is a static picture on all menu options and no animation.

Could somebody explain where I am going wrong please?

ADDED: Can't seem to get TV Tunes to work either. Is that because the Add-On needs an update?

For Animated backgrounds , see this post : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1725655
Look near the bottom ( post #1737 )
Guess it`s not happening Sad
Thanks for the link... and also for bad news Soldier 1 :-)

I am not a programmer so having trouble understanding why it was possible in v4 but not in v5. Oh well !!!

I suppose the only fix is back to v4 Nox. I miss the animated random art and the TV Tunes playing.

Thanks BigNoid for the lovely skin. Still enjoy it.
(2014-06-08, 13:11)blossom24 Wrote: Thanks for the link... and also for bad news Soldier 1 :-)

I am not a programmer so having trouble understanding why it was possible in v4 but not in v5. Oh well !!!

I suppose the only fix is back to v4 Nox. I miss the animated random art and the TV Tunes playing.

I hate being the bearer of bad news Sad
TBH , I miss this feature from 5 also. Eye-candy does it for me everytime.

BUT , Don`t give up yet , there's plenty of great programmers out there. Maybe a MOD will surface , if enough people want it Wink
(2014-06-08, 13:11)blossom24 Wrote: Thanks for the link... and also for bad news Soldier 1 :-)

It isn't an issue of programming, it is by design. Bignoid created Nox 5 to be a very light skin, so he left out things that will weigh it down (which includes animated backgrounds). Someone can mod it to include them, but if you are going to do that why not just use Nox 4?
(2014-06-08, 21:32)dpar Wrote:

It isn't an issue of programming, it is by design. Bignoid created Nox 5 to be a very light skin, so he left out things that will weigh it down (which includes animated backgrounds). Someone can mod it to include them, but if you are going to do that why not just use Nox 4?

Oh.. I get that.
And believe me I'm thankful for the hard work that's gone into this skin, just saying for me ver 5 with what it provides and animated fanart, would be just perfect.
Would the option be a great overhead to the skin? Or maybe it's just not inkeeping with the lightweight design.

Either way, thank you BigNoid for the great skin Smile
(2014-06-08, 21:32)dpar Wrote: It isn't an issue of programming, it is by design. Bignoid created Nox 5 to be a very light skin, so he left out things that will weigh it down (which includes animated backgrounds). Someone can mod it to include them, but if you are going to do that why not just use Nox 4?

Yes I have now switched back to Nox 4 and it works fine again. Pity I kind of liked the "cleaner" look of 5.0.

Thanks for replying soldier1 and Dpar.
how does one roll back to nox 4 using gotham?
The same here once you taste AN4 you can never leave it's Just like à hard drog :-)
You don't, they are 2 different skins. If you want, you can install 4.1.x version that was designed for Gotham.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Background v50