Feature Request - Chromecast?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
bucket81 Offline
Do we think there will ever be full Chromecast support with in XBMC with no need for additional apps?

So I'm planning on building a FreeNAS server for all my media. I had a dedicated HTPC but hard drives have been getting hot and failing so I wanted something I could keep cooler and not under my TV. So I have been looking into how to get my media streamed to my TV. I was thinking about using and oldish (gives me another excuse to replace) tablet as a remote/stream from to the TV. So the Chromecast popped in my head but I haven't liked the idea of a second app I want it as simple as possible. For me it's not an issue but I want the wife to be able to find her stuff and use it without frustration. Big Grin
find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
Just buy a NUC or whatever and have a small quiet cool HTPC under our TV.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
bucket81 Offline
(2014-06-08 10:14)nickr Wrote:  Just buy a NUC or whatever and have a small quiet cool HTPC under our TV.

I fee like a NUC is over doing it, but I understand what you mean. Haveing a full PC setting under my TV was nice. Miracast but its not really casting anything and you pretty much loose the device while your watching something,
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
full chromecast support is unlikely to happen due to decisions google made related to used technologies (translation - its crap)

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
(This post was last modified: 2014-06-08 20:50 by Memphiz.)
find quote