DRM (Digital Rights Management) cracks/decrypt?
can it be doneHuh support to play media protected by drm(digital rights management)Huh??
it might be, but does it make sense to do, when there are so many alternatives to needing drm?

choose your codec carefully.
im sure it could be added in, but personally i would prefer drm to stay as far away from xbmc as possible. if really needed just burn your tracks as most drm protected files alow you todo this then rip to mp3.
- play itunes files encoded with apple drm <= feature request and development research (inc. source code)
- play qt files encoded with apple quicktime drm <= feature request and development research (inc. source code)
- play .wma files encoded with microsoft drm <= feature request and development research (inc. source code)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
is it possible to playback hd-movies with digital rights management, maybe in future releases?
or deactivate the drm?

optimum configuration for 1080p is p4 3 ghz, but it plays on my 2ghz pc without any problems.

at the technical aspects,would the xbox playback these 1080 files correct, because the gpu-speed is "only" 733mhz?
i doubt the xbox would cope - not only is it only a 733 mhz chip, it's also a p3 which is quite an old architecture relative to a p4 or athlon.

check other posts in the forums - the xbox struggles with 720p sources, let alone 1080p.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hello,

i'm using xbmc on dozens of xboxes for corporate events where live streaming playback is needed on a tv. i work with several drm companies who use me for all of their encoding needs. is there any chance of supporting drm on xbmc?

thanks,

~cb
after i posted this i saw the post on mplayer being the source for the xbmc. i have contacted them about the request. i'll post an update here when i get it.

~cb
can anyone help me out. firstly, i'm still a dinosaur and use xbmp not xbmc, but just wanted to know that if i upgrade my version if it will solve my problem.

my problem:
1) i subscribe to a web site where i downlod the video clips to watch on my pc. when i first play the movie on my pc, the video (usually in windows media player) will prompt for me to connect to the web to enter my username and password to generate a license on my pc to play the video. which i do.

2) if i try to watch this videos on my xbox, the video will not play, just freezes. i am assuming because of the coding that it's looking for a license.

is this something that has been adressed in the development of xbmc or am i out of luck?
still using xbmp? -madness Shocked

no, that kind of support is very hard to make and i sincerely doubt you'll have serious trouble finding any opensource application that will support drm (digital rights managament) protected mediafiles.

hey, when i'm sharing music from my comp to the xbox, and it tries to play wma's with the protection from the cd on it, it just makes ticking/ scratching noises...anyway to fix this? or how do i remove protection from the music to play on the xbox?

thanks,
brett
do a forum search for drm or "digital rights management".
about de-protecting, dunno. it's not legal.

just wanted to add that having drm support in xbmc would be really great for the future. in fact, the studios and the tv industry is now very happy to look at ms drm (amongst other proprietary drm) to deliver their content to pcs into people home. main reason is that it would reduce the cost to have to deploy set top box everywhere Smile other reason are off course purely commercial.
ms already placed their media center extender solution on the market for this, to allow people who dont want to have a pc in the living room to still use all the features of a media center ..but would be much better if it was all coming off xbmc off course Smile
hi there. i know this may be a stupid question, but will it ever be possible to play rdm protected files on xbmc.

i see that this system uses a licence and unique player id.
don't think it ever will be, but who knows.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DRM (Digital Rights Management) cracks/decrypt?0