Req PIN Request for custom video nodes
Hello, I need a features to save some movies for other eyes, e.g. kids

Is it possible to add a pin request in the custom video nodes e.g.

<pin>1234</pin>

?
You can set a lock on specific video sources. See master lock (wiki) and the media sources link.
I know this solution, thx

But I use only custom nodes for my movie section. It's a great features, and perhaps it's possible to add a pin request.
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
Locking nodes won't prevent access to the videos, though. A node is just a way to view various library entries, like a playlist. So a node could be locked (in theory), but then it could just be bypassed by loading a different node that includes all library items.
I think all can be bypassed

But what is the best way to use custom video nodes and parental control?
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
Well, a password protected network location with a pin using the master lock (wiki) feature would prevent bypassing, unless the kids exit out of XBMC, navigate to the userdata folder, and then open the passwords.xml file for the network source, and then added it as a new source in XBMC.

Which isn't to say what you are requesting can't be done. This is just a suggestion for what can be currently done. I'm not a dev myself, so my suggestions are limited :)

Hopefully general lock/parental control features get some TLC in XBMC in the future, and something like this would be possible, one way or another.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PIN Request for custom video nodes0