Bug Video playback fails for large mp4 files over NFS
Creating a new thread from this discussion now that we've narrowed down the problem. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194937

Using ubuntu 12.04 LTS with xbmc 13.1 from the stable ppa. Library access via NFS to the local system, which is the server for a mysql based network setup in my house.

When attempting to play a movie file over approx. 1.5GB the video fails to play. (i haven't extensively tested exactly what file size is the problem)
XBMC appears to keep running. The log ticker keeps updating, sounds are generated on key presses and xbmc will exit fullscreen mode when backslash is pressed.
However, the screen stays stuck on the movie list or homescreen or wherever with the loading/working dialogue showing. key presses dont have any affect on the gui apart from making sounds and xbmc will not quit for anything less than a sig9.

After a few minutes (i think when the NFS call times out) xbmc will hard freeze and everything will stop responding.
The best log I've captured of all of this happening is here - http://paste.ubuntu.com/7611442/

This behaviour only occurs for mp4/m4v files encoded using the appletv2 preset in handbrake. Again I haven't done extensive testing, but I suspect it might have something to do with the "large file size" flag in handbrake, which I don't entirely understand the function of.

I've fixed the problem for my system by switching to smb based file access. But there is definitely a bug in the system that should be logged somewhere so that it can be addressed in a future update.
(2014-06-10, 12:37)Skeo Wrote: But there is definitely a bug in the system that should be logged somewhere so that it can be addressed in a future update.
Wait to see what further advice you get and maybe what other debugging actions might be necessary, only then if getting no where raise a trac ticket to get dev attention by following the bugtracker link at the top of the forum.
Which version of libnfs is this?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback fails for large mp4 files over NFS0